• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 XR Review

2020 S1000xr

Hi all,

I picked up mine a week ago from Vancouver WA.
I moved from 2 S1000R and one S1000RR, the bike feels great, nimble in fact it is more fun than the previous 3 bikes!
I love HSC (hill start control).20210313_132659.jpg

My second XR

I had a 2018 XR and liked it but traded it for an R1250RS. I found the steering on the RS to be heavier than on the XR, so I went back and got a 2020 XR last August. It was a little tall for me at 5'7" but I had the rear shock changed and now it's tolerable. I love the power, handling, TFT display, Keyless Ride, and other features. 6K miles and counting...

2021 S1000XR Motorrad+ After 5400 Miles

I replaced a 640 pound K1300GT with my 498 pound XR. I'm very happy with it. It's easily 10x more comfortable than my 2017 RR with more than enough performance capability. I have the low suspension version; I've swapped out the low seat for a comfort seat topped by my Air Hawk; I've added Rox risers to put me on the widest part of the seat just barely touching the step up to the passenger seat (note: this requires a longer brake line). If I have one negative, it's the vibrations at the handlebars; even with heavy bar end weights, the vib is significant, tolerable, but significant. Everything else is protection or cosmetic. Pic...

XR Left Front Post Puig Levers Landscape.jpg

If I have one negative, it's the vibrations at the handlebars; even with heavy bar end weights, the vib is significant, tolerable, but significant. Everything else is protection or cosmetic. Pic...

View attachment 83217

I recently bought a 2018 RT to add to my garage for touring with my +1. After spending a weekend of spirited riding on the RT, I have to say that the vibes everyone speaks of on the XR are absolutely nothing compared to the vibes of the RT. My XR vibrates a bit from 4500-5500 rpm. The RT vibrates EVERYWHERE. So while I get your point, it all comes with a bit of what you're used to. Spend some time on an RT/GS/RS and you'll forget about the 1k rpm range of vibes on the XR...

Back