Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: What Criteria would MOA use to possibly cancel rally due to Corona Virus?

Booked and Rolling

I am meeting up with friends from AZ in Great Falls. If the Rally craps out I am still headed to Great Falls from Michigan with my gloves, Dude Wipes, and GS.
    Will be a great adventure going out there and if Canada allows it will still head up to Lake Louise..extra care in hotel wipe down but need the summer riding...will stay 6 feet from other vehicles.

See you in Great Falls....

T
    TRedd

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    I am also pre-registered with paid hotels for this year. I also am in Calgary and will have the same national border restrictions. I could commute daily to Fargo from Winnipeg where I have relatives. I have been to Fargo many times, never stayed though. On the bright side, it snowed a few centimetres again last night.

FARGO 2021 it is!
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by mcmxcivrs View Post
    Should've seen that coming.
    What you probably don't realize is Paul has his profile set up so that whenever someone posts with the word "location" his profile automatically posts FARGO !
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Booked and Rolling

I am meeting up with friends from AZ in Great Falls. If the Rally craps out I am still headed to Great Falls from Michigan with my gloves, Dude Wipes, and GS.
    Will be a great adventure going out there and if Canada allows it will still head up to Lake Louise..extra care in hotel wipe down but need the summer riding...will stay 6 feet from other vehicles.

T
    TRedd

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    What you probably don't realize is Paul has his profile set up so that whenever someone posts with the word "location" his profile automatically posts FARGO !
    Quite possibly true.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

whenever someone posts with the word "location" his profile automatically posts FARGO !
    Fargo
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by GSRedd View Post

T
    You might want to review Montana restrictions before you go. Right now MT is having troopers put visitors from other states on a 14 day quarantine.
    MADDOG

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Fargo
    People are going to love the rally in Fargo! There will be a special wood chipper competition, and demonstrations of applying TurCoat to the bottom of BMW bikes!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    People are going to love the rally in Fargo! There will be a special wood chipper competition, and demonstrations of applying TurCoat to the bottom of BMW bikes!
    Wouldn't be Fargo without a Chipper.

Perhaps, a "Pimp your Chipper" competition for the final ceremony?
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Left Coast Rider
    What about the Hidden Bag O' Money By A Fence Post On The Highway scavenger hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    What about the Hidden Bag O' Money By A Fence Post On The Highway scavenger hunt?
    Exactly! You see, this rally will just about run itself!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Exactly! You see, this rally will just about run itself!
    and a big buffet hey don'tcha know !
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

and a big buffet hey don'tcha know !
    Hot dish and jello salad
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

How about Travel Insurance for Canadians

Quote Originally Posted by mcmxcivrs View Post
    I too am registered for Great Falls. I seriously see little chance of going if its even possible to go at all. Currently here in Calgary, all events until the end of June are off. The border restrictions are set to be in place until the end of June if not lifted early. Even if the restrictions are lifted and travel is possible, I'm quite leary of doing so that soon after all this. It's disappointing for sure to miss out on a rally so close to home.

I have not yet cancelled my rally registration, I'm waiting to see the 2021 destination and determine if I will be likely to go to that one. I assume that will be known before long so a decision can be made to let the money stand or seek a refund.
    All of the travel insurance providers have cancelled all policies that require international travel, which includes Canadians traveling to the US. It would not be a good idea to go without this insurance under normal conditions. At this time the US border is closed and many state and provincial borders are closed and if you cross will require an immediate 14 day quarantine, which I am currently serving after coming home from my winter home in Yuma AZ. They are serious about the quarantine and have checked many and fined those who disobey the order. The fines are not insignificant nor is the possible jail time. Unless the virus comes to a complete halt in the next few weeks this gathering will not be possible or legal. Time to consider cancellation folks.
    David Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2015 R1200GSA-LC

University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) indicates the United States is now approaching its peak level of coronavirus infections -- as well as deaths. The information on the IHME website gives a state-by-state breakdown of the IHME analysis.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...e=07&id=961754
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana