• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Virb camera with Nav vi experiences?

droveto

I have a Virb 360 along with the Nav VI.
My experience hasn't been great and before putting in feedback directly to Garmin I thought I'd ask about anyone else's experience.

My big complaints are:
- Operating the camera from the Nav VI fails more often than it works. I receive a "lost connection to camera" error far more often than actually getting it to work. While riding it sometimes takes me 3-4 attempts to get it to start or stop recording.
- It doesn't seem that I can operate the camera from the wonder wheel. I have to touch the screen and scroll to the camera. This brings up a secondary question, can one change the location of the icons on the Nav VI?

Thanks for sharing your input and/or any helpful advice to make this work a little better.

The footage I've captured has been pretty good. But sadly I missed out on recording a bobcat on my ride yesterday when the unit should have been recording. I was a little sad when I got home and found it it had never started recording. :(

Where are you mounting camera? One of the nice features of that camera is the slider switch to start recording. Easy to find and you definitely know it’s on and recording.

I have their waterproof remote that works well when camera on front of windshield and hard to reach.

I have seen issues when WiFi and Bluetooth enabled at same time.

Where are you mounting camera? One of the nice features of that camera is the slider switch to start recording. Easy to find and you definitely know it’s on and recording.

I have their waterproof remote that works well when camera on front of windshield and hard to reach.

I have seen issues when WiFi and Bluetooth enabled at same time.

I have a neat mount the sits near the turn signal that keeps it powered. Not the easiest reach.
Makes sense about Bluetooth and WiFi not playing well. I have Bluetooth to the phone. Although that brings up an interesting situation for me to research. I’ll report back with anything interesting.
Thanks for the help.

I have a neat mount the sits near the turn signal that keeps it powered. Not the easiest reach.
Makes sense about Bluetooth and WiFi not playing well. I have Bluetooth to the phone. Although that brings up an interesting situation for me to research. I’ll report back with anything interesting.
Thanks for the help.
Just to make sure I didnt accidentally mislead you, I was referring to issues on the camera itself when both wifi and bluetooth enabled. My garmin remote was very inconsistent when WIFI was turned on in the camera while camera was also connected to my Bluetooth headset for audio.

I dont know if the nav 6 connects the same way as the remote, but if they do, hopefully that solves the problem.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Back