• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shop manual: 2009 K13GT

kychris02

Is there a Clymer or similar shop manual for my new to me 2009 K1300GT? I have the K1200 manual for my old KRS. I also see DVDs out there but have no way to pull up a DVD since 2015 or so. I love the "bike bible" feel of a manual that allows me to tab, note and slide under the bike with me when I'm working.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 71
I too would prefer something on paper but I've searched high and low and have only been able to come up with a DVD repair manual. :banghead

Don’t think there are paper manuals from my past searches

One word of warning on the knock off copies of the CDRom available all over the web.

They often are not complete when you start drilling down into sub- chapters .
I bought one years ago and have been given others that were total fails

I had an old PC and printer I printed sections if needed until it obsoleted itself, I still have a laptop to run the disc

I had an old PC and printer I printed sections if needed until it obsoleted itself, I still have a laptop to run the disc

When I buy a new BMW DVD I go through and print the sections I may need in the future.
Good advice to not buy cheap pirated copies.

I took my K1300GT DVD and burned an ISO image from it, then copied that ISO to the Win 10 laptop I use for shop work, which does not have a DVD drive. The DVD can be mounted natively in Win 10 or via a free add-on for older OS. Once mounted the DVD appears as just another drive letter and the service manual runs just fine—no DVD drive needed. I also have the ISO copied to a USB stick tucked away on the bike, for emergency use on the road when I’m sans laptop.

No illegible grease-smeared pages, save for the ones I print for one-time use. :)

Best,
DeVern

Back