• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 r1200s

S Jones

Ride more, work less
I’m curious about the value of a R1200S. It’s yellow, custom seat, ABS, wide rear tire, Ohlins, Full SS exhaust system. 42,000 miles, good mechanical condition, fair cosmetic. I have the stock exhaust system for it. May sell or trade it in for a late model R1200/1250RT.

I’m curious about the value of a R1200S. It’s yellow, custom seat, ABS, wide rear tire, Ohlins, Full SS exhaust system. 42,000 miles, good mechanical condition, fair cosmetic. I have the stock exhaust system for it. May sell or trade it in for a late model R1200/1250RT.

Most 13 year old bikes are worth about half what their current owner thinks they are worth.

Most 13 year old bikes are worth about half what their current owner thinks they are worth.

Thanks for the reply. But not very helpful since I didn’t state a value. It is a fairly rare model. Only 650 imported to North America.

Thanks for the reply. But not very helpful since I didn’t state a value. It is a fairly rare model. Only 650 imported to North America.

OK. NADA says that counting a premium exhaust and suspension Average Retail is $5,208 and Low Retail is $3,930. Those are the only two values they provide. Since NADA is most often used for trade-ins and insurance low-balls take this with a slight but not huge grain of salt.

I got on Kelley Blue Book and they say in "good condition" the value would be $4,735.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Paul. That’s about where I thought it would be. Might keep it a while if that’s all I could get. Fun bike to ride, for about 300 miles. Also have a 1996 RT for long trip but it has over 100,000 miles so maybe I’ll sell that and get another RT. A water cooled one would be nice.

We have a more rare black 07 with factory option Ohlins and Akropovic exhaust...prob never sell it as it's worth more to me than anyone would offer...but we rarely sell anyways:dance It does start a lot of conversations.

If I were twenty years younger, I would travel more on it.It just isn't set up for touring, especially after putting carbon pillion cover on it, though I did a four western state run on it once...and that was plenty:laugh:laugh:laugh

There is a couple of shots from the official US release California presser with a lot of yellow S's for the test rides which happened at the Playboy Mansion in Aug 06. You'll have to Google BMW R1200S Playboy Mansion or Topspeed.com August 2006 who wrote the article...some wouldn't like the employees near the bikes...nuff said
You may have one of those California models...the bike of course :lol:lol:lol

Last edited:
They tend to sell in the $6-7k range from the ones I’ve seen. I sold mine for $8k about 5 years ago (and still miss it). It’s a rare bike and if you list it you may find someone willing to pay more for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They tend to sell in the $6-7k range from the ones I’ve seen. I sold mine for $8k about 5 years ago (and still miss it). It’s a rare bike and if you list it you may find someone willing to pay more for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree if someone really wants that model. Two HP2 models especially have listed close to original price.
The average tire kicker will not see the value on another " old BMW"

The R1200S

I have the black with Ohlins. Also has power commander fuel management for optimum power.
These are not the ordinary Beemer. Hard to get that kind of performance at 5 to 6 k $$ I would say.
I would not sell mine. Great bike.

dp

Back