• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mr. Brad

liferider29

New to BMWMOA, I could definitely use a little help with replacement tire selection.
I've owned 29 motorcycles in the past 55 years, but the OEM Bridgestone Battlax A41 front tire is hideously, howlingly NOISY!
Can anyone recommend quieter tires, especially, the front, for my 2019 R 1250 GS?
I ride 99% asphalt on the GS, using my KTM 500 for off road.
The dealer recommended a Michelin Anakee 3 front tire (replacement), but since then, I've read a few reviews saying that tire was a bit noisy, also.
And I don't mind ' a bit noisy ', but the Battlax A41 is just plain awful/NOISY!
THANKS in advance.

New to BMWMOA, I could definitely use a little help with replacement tire selection.
I've owned 29 motorcycles in the past 55 years, but the OEM Bridgestone Battlax A41 front tire is hideously, howlingly NOISY!
Can anyone recommend quieter tires, especially, the front, for my 2019 R 1250 GS?
I ride 99% asphalt on the GS, using my KTM 500 for off road.
The dealer recommended a Michelin Anakee 3 front tire (replacement), but since then, I've read a few reviews saying that tire was a bit noisy, also.
And I don't mind ' a bit noisy ', but the Battlax A41 is just plain awful/NOISY!
THANKS in advance.

I would recommend the Continental Trail Attack 3 or the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II.
I got 19,000 miles out of the last Continental TA3 front and similar with the Pirelli. The Michelin is noisy and gets slick as it wears down IMHO.

I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Trail 5's for my GS. Have no miles on them yet but if they are anything like the PR4's on my RT I am going to love them. Bike came with Anakee 3's which I honestly have nothing bad to say about and they are a lot cheaper than the Pilot Trails. Both good options in my opinion especially for 99% street which is my riding style also.

I can't say anything bad about the Anakee 3's either. I just put a second set on my 1200GS.

THANKS to all who offered advice for my front tire replacement.
I decided to go with the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2. There were many positive rider reviews on the internet.

Back