• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MotoGP, World Superbike TV Coverage

It's really too bad beIN Sports lost the broadcast rights. Otherwise you would have seen American Joe Roberts win pole in Moto2 qualifying.

The Moto1 boys were in another country (Italy?) doing testing on their rides but the MOto2 and 3 were already in Qatar for two weeks. They were cleared but the big boys were not.

I thought NBC got the rights to broadcast MotoGP this year? I can’t find it on their App. Any got additional info?

I watched the Moto2 race on NBCSN today. I thought the coverage was very good. We will see how this goes!

I watched the Moto2 race on NBCSN today. I thought the coverage was very good. We will see how this goes!

The coverage of the Moto2 race was good. Used some of the same announcers that were on BeIn sports and they know the sport and the riders. As for the rest....meh. I like Leigh Diffey and thought he was good on F1, but he and Bostrom just didn't click. Their coverage of MotoGP was sophomoric at best, and would it have killed them to mention the Moto3 race, or even show a summary of the race?

But where was the moto3 coverage? Wasn't impressed with the WSBK coverage either. No first race or superpole for the big bikes and no supersport coverage. Hope they start carrying all the racing like Bein did. I don't really want to get the streaming plans.

But where was the moto3 coverage? Wasn't impressed with the WSBK coverage either. No first race or superpole for the big bikes and no supersport coverage. Hope they start carrying all the racing like Bein did. I don't really want to get the streaming plans.

NBC & NBCSN aren't going to cover MotoGP like BeIn or other streaming sources are. No practice sessions, no other extras. They are simply 1 hour delayed coverage of the final races away from the usual Sunday soccer after wasting the first half-hour with the announcers reviewing rider and team stats. The reason they didn't cover the "big bikes" is because they didn't run at Qatar, and they aren't going to run in Thailand on 3/27 either. Why? The COVID-19 virus and the riders from Italy. First scheduled MotoGP race MAY be at COTA on 4/5. The only reason you saw ANY racing last Sunday is because the Moto2 & Moto3 riders were already in Qatar the week before that race day. If you want to see more, then subscribe to one of the full coverage sources - like BeIn.

Just read that Thailand is canceled for MotoGP...Austin if the first race.
FIM President Jorge Viegas admits the coronavirus outbreak could force more MotoGP races to be cancelled.
In an interview with Catalunya Radio, Viegas admitted the FIM and Dorna were already looking at new dates for the Austin race as the chances of it going ahead on its planned date of April 5 are now “very low”.

"We are already working to find alternative dates for the race in Austin," said Viegas. “But at this moment things are evolving so fast that we cannot say more.”

SS :uhoh

Yeah, I watched the horrible NBC coverage ... after having first watched both 3 and 2 live with Video Pass from the MotoGP app. With an Apple TV and WiFi, it’s on my big screen from iPhone in a heartbeat. Video Pass is still the only way to go ... plus I can watch all previous races back many years, the Thu press conference, FP1, FP2, FP3, FP4, Q1, Q2, warmups, post race press conference for all classes if I want to be awake early enough. There was never any way I was paying for BeIn with one motorcycle channel and 19 soccer channels, and I avoid Leigh Diffey like the plague.

Since this is a BMW forum, with Video Pass I can also watch the Simon Crafar GoPro lap on the S1000RR, too.

F1 is going ahead with the race in Bahrain this weekend, but no spectators will be allowed. This approach could allow other series to continue to some degree and is recognition that the big money is in the TV broadcasts.

This approach could allow other series to continue to some degree and is recognition that the big money is in the TV broadcasts.

Well, judging by the roughly 200 people who have been attending the MotoGP race in Qatar for the past 10 years, I tend to agree with you.

We gave up TV in general 14 years ago. We get a subscription service (Netflix, Prime, etc) from time to time but mostly rely on the internet, or local events for both news and entertainment. While mc races can be exciting I can more or less follow them with brief clips and newscasts.

It is nothing like NASCAR, the demolition derby or WWE of racing. When fans gathered hoping more to see wrecks than success I gave up thinking it was worthwhile. As usual, I am sure YMMV.

The FIM, IRTA and Dorna have just announced that the MotoGP round scheduled for Circuit of the Americas April 3 - 5 has been rescheduled for November 13 - 15. The Valencia round originally scheduled for that time period has been pushed back a week.

No work yet from MotoAmerica, who had their Superbike class scheduled to run in conjunction with MotoGP in Austin.

They might have already aired it, but I noticed that NBCSN will be airing the MotoGP2 race from Qatar at 11:30pm central time tonight.

From online Yahoo news:

MotoGP promoter Dorna Sports says it is "optimistic" the delayed 2020 season can begin in July, with races without spectators the most likely course of action this year.

Lot of hurdles to work out all things considered.

Back