Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP, World Superbike TV Coverage

MotoGP, World Superbike TV Coverage

Donít expect to see either of these series on beIN Sports this year. According to a report on bizjournals.com (see link below), NBC Sports will host MotoGP for 2020 on the NBC and NBC Sports networks with a mixture of live and tape-delayed broadcasts. If I read the report correctly, only the MotoGP races will be broadcast. Moto2 and Moto3 will only be available via MotoGPís paid VideoPass subscription, so weíre getting significantly less coverage than previously with beIN Sports. The report goes on to say that NBC will air three races on tape-delay and NBC Sports will show five races live, with the rest available by tape-delay. The report also says that many of the later season races will be shown immediately following NBC Sportsí coverage of NASCAR, meaning if you plan to record them you will have no idea of the start or end times for the broadcasts. Really piss-poor coverage!

As for FIM Superbike, there has been no official word on which network will provide coverage. However, Dorna owns the rights to both series, and my cable providerís on-screen TV guide shows a 90 minute Superbike broadcast on NBC Sports on Monday, March 2, at 6 PM EST. I expect this will be coverage of the first round in Australia, scheduled for February 29 and March 1. If so, I expect abbreviated coverage, not the complete Supersport, Superbike and Superpole race coverage that beIN Sports provided. Again, really piss-poor!

Hereís the link to the bizjournals.com article: https://www.bizjournals.com/losangel...hoo&yptr=yahoo
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

Thanks for the heads up! I've had limited access to beIN in the past...I'm anxious to see what is offered on NBC.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

beIN is still advertising that it will cover MotoGP in 2020. I wonder if that will be in addition to NBC?
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    beIN is still advertising that it will cover MotoGP in 2020. I wonder if that will be in addition to NBC?
    I certainly hope so. beINís coverage is exceptionally good; races are commercial free, knowledgeable commentators and thoughtful direction that shows all the action.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Left Coast Rider
    Get a subscription to MotoGP.com. Every practice, every qualifying session, for all classes are covered and you can watch them live or at your leisure. Same with World Superbike.

And seeing as they're both owned by Dorna, you can get a package deal if you want both.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Get a subscription to MotoGP.com. Every practice, every qualifying session, for all classes are covered and you can watch them live or at your leisure. Same with World Superbike.

And seeing as they're both owned by Dorna, you can get a package deal if you want both.
    I didn't see the package deal on either the Superbike or MotoGP websites, but I'll look again.

For those who want to stick with cable, the link below lists the NBC broadcast times for the various MotoGP and Superbike events. The first broadcast for each series is scheduled for 90 minutes, so it will certainly be abbreviated coverage, as expected. The first Superbike time should be 6 PM EST.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comm...dule_for_2020/
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

No doubt, NBC will screw this up.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    I didn't see the package deal on either the Superbike or MotoGP websites, but I'll look again.

For those who want to stick with cable, the link below lists the NBC broadcast times for the various MotoGP and Superbike events. The first broadcast for each series is scheduled for 90 minutes, so it will certainly be abbreviated coverage, as expected. The first Superbike time should be 6 PM EST.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comm...dule_for_2020/
    Thanks for the link. I changed my content provider last month and the new one doesnít stream beIN and I was resigned to not seeing MotoGP this season.
    Dave

GL1800
    R 1200 RT

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    No doubt, NBC will screw this up.
    I think they already have.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by kthutchinson View Post
    Hmm, I remember getting an email offer of which I took advantage. Doesn't seem to be available now.

WSBK - Monday tape delayed on NBCSN. 5pm Central

SS
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1250RT
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

Yes, this transition is a bit of a mess. I too really enjoyed BEIN's coverage. I accessed it through Sling Latino ($15/mo) which had all the BEIN feeds including the English language version. I have NBCSN via YTTV (I ditched cable a long time ago). Since I like WSBK equally as much at MotoGP I may have to plunge for the WSBK video pass since it appears that they're only going to cover half the races. Pitiful.
    Ed
    MOA# 19152
    Florida's Space Coast
    2016 G650GS, Aprilia Scarabeo 50 2T

MotoGP Subscription is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post

I have the MotoGP subscription. I like that you can watch every session at your leisure. I like the commentary and analysis team too. They seem to know what they're talking about.

Just read that the first MotoGP round at Qatar has canceled due to the thread of the virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/season-...0819--spt.html
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Just read that the first MotoGP round at Qatar has canceled due to the thread of the virus.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/season-...0819--spt.html
    Interesting. World Superbike is scheduled in Qatar the following weekend.
    Karl
    2007 R1200ST