• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MotoGP, World Superbike TV Coverage

Don’t expect to see either of these series on beIN Sports this year. According to a report on bizjournals.com (see link below), NBC Sports will host MotoGP for 2020 on the NBC and NBC Sports networks with a mixture of live and tape-delayed broadcasts. If I read the report correctly, only the MotoGP races will be broadcast. Moto2 and Moto3 will only be available via MotoGP’s paid VideoPass subscription, so we’re getting significantly less coverage than previously with beIN Sports. The report goes on to say that NBC will air three races on tape-delay and NBC Sports will show five races live, with the rest available by tape-delay. The report also says that many of the later season races will be shown immediately following NBC Sports’ coverage of NASCAR, meaning if you plan to record them you will have no idea of the start or end times for the broadcasts. Really piss-poor coverage!

As for FIM Superbike, there has been no official word on which network will provide coverage. However, Dorna owns the rights to both series, and my cable provider’s on-screen TV guide shows a 90 minute Superbike broadcast on NBC Sports on Monday, March 2, at 6 PM EST. I expect this will be coverage of the first round in Australia, scheduled for February 29 and March 1. If so, I expect abbreviated coverage, not the complete Supersport, Superbike and Superpole race coverage that beIN Sports provided. Again, really piss-poor!

Here’s the link to the bizjournals.com article: https://www.bizjournals.com/losange...o-motorcycle-racing.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Thanks for the heads up! I've had limited access to beIN in the past...I'm anxious to see what is offered on NBC.

beIN is still advertising that it will cover MotoGP in 2020. I wonder if that will be in addition to NBC?

beIN is still advertising that it will cover MotoGP in 2020. I wonder if that will be in addition to NBC?

I certainly hope so. beIN’s coverage is exceptionally good; races are commercial free, knowledgeable commentators and thoughtful direction that shows all the action.

Get a subscription to MotoGP.com. Every practice, every qualifying session, for all classes are covered and you can watch them live or at your leisure. Same with World Superbike.

And seeing as they're both owned by Dorna, you can get a package deal if you want both.

Get a subscription to MotoGP.com. Every practice, every qualifying session, for all classes are covered and you can watch them live or at your leisure. Same with World Superbike.

And seeing as they're both owned by Dorna, you can get a package deal if you want both.

I didn't see the package deal on either the Superbike or MotoGP websites, but I'll look again.

For those who want to stick with cable, the link below lists the NBC broadcast times for the various MotoGP and Superbike events. The first broadcast for each series is scheduled for 90 minutes, so it will certainly be abbreviated coverage, as expected. The first Superbike time should be 6 PM EST.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/eurxfy/nbc_sports_motogp_and_wsbk_schedule_for_2020/

I didn't see the package deal on either the Superbike or MotoGP websites, but I'll look again.

For those who want to stick with cable, the link below lists the NBC broadcast times for the various MotoGP and Superbike events. The first broadcast for each series is scheduled for 90 minutes, so it will certainly be abbreviated coverage, as expected. The first Superbike time should be 6 PM EST.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comments/eurxfy/nbc_sports_motogp_and_wsbk_schedule_for_2020/
Thanks for the link. I changed my content provider last month and the new one doesn’t stream beIN and I was resigned to not seeing MotoGP this season.

Yes, this transition is a bit of a mess. I too really enjoyed BEIN's coverage. I accessed it through Sling Latino ($15/mo) which had all the BEIN feeds including the English language version. I have NBCSN via YTTV (I ditched cable a long time ago). Since I like WSBK equally as much at MotoGP I may have to plunge for the WSBK video pass since it appears that they're only going to cover half the races. Pitiful.

MotoGP Subscription is the way to go

I have the MotoGP subscription. I like that you can watch every session at your leisure. I like the commentary and analysis team too. They seem to know what they're talking about.

World SBK Weekend 1 Coverage

One man's thoughts:

1. Sunday's race #2 was covered, Saturday's race #1 wasn't. NBCSN won't win die hard fans' gratitude that way.

2. Of the 90 minute coverage, the first 30 minutes was build up hype and lots of commercials, the 45 minute race was lights out to checkered flag coverage with no ads, the last 15 minutes was more ads and about two sentences from each of the podium finishers. Now I know which parts of the show to fast-forward through in upcoming weeks.

3. The race itself was about all one could ask for. Close racing from start to finish. Very enjoyable. I thought the announcers were fine; I appreciated that they could be excited without implying that each second of the race was the most important moment in human history.

Bottom line, I thought they did a good job for the 45 minutes that I cared about. The rest? Meh. Good enough that I'll make it a point to recored the next one, if there ever is one.

Commercial free during the actual race- good enough for me. I watch after recording so I fast forward during the commercials.

Frank

Back