• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1600 Drops and looking ahead to Spring 2020

Goldrush

GoldRush
Howdy,

I read a post on the K1600 forum about dropping your bike which I can't find now and I had to speak up. Someone talked about recovering from a medical condition and they were using riding as their PT therapy and recovery. Here's how my response went:

"I too had a medical situation which saw my K1200LT parked all of last year. I retired in April and underwent an Acoustic Neuroma procedure in July. Hearing is shot on the right side with some balance concerns. Now I have my doubts about riding again.

I'm not sure how things will work out for me as the wife would like to see the K gone. (I just read your inspiring post to her.).

I'm on my third KLT ('93, '05 and the '06). I owned a'99 KRS as well. I dropped all my bikes at least once. It hurts but you move on.

Glad to hear that you got back into riding and you definitely picked a nice ride with your choice of the 16B."

March awaits!

GoldRush

Back