Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Toolkit for R1250GS

  1. #1

    Toolkit for R1250GS

    Greetings all. I am putting together a toolkit for my 1250GS. Most of my miles are road miles and Iíve never carried more than a tire repair kit other than when I travelled to the Yukon Territories three years ago on a V-Strom. For that trip I just cobbled together a bunch of stuff and tossed it in a bag; nothing needed to be used. What are most people doing? There is the new RTB2 kit from Touratech for $130. Is it sufficient? There is the massively priced toolkit from Adventure Designs but I donít see $300 worth of tools in that kit unless I donít know what Iím looking at. Does anyone have a definitive list for the 2019 GS? Iíd appreciate any and all suggestions or comments. Thanks. Bruce

  2. #2
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    7,304
    Welcome to the forum.
    Here is what I carry on my R1200RS and my wife's R1200RS.
    I can't think of anything different you need for the R1250.
    I have pictures on my phone labeled where the tools are stored.
    Most are carried in a 10 liter bag on my seat.

    Name:  Redverz Seat Bag (2).jpg
Views: 124
Size:  549.5 KB

    Name:  Tank Bag.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  446.4 KB

    Name:  Lee's Bike (1).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  382.7 KB

    Name:  Deb's Bike.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  275.9 KB

    Name:  Tailbag or Saddle Bag.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  186.1 KB

    Name:  Saddle Bag.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  221.9 KB

    If I need to change rear tires I use this bolt to help hold the wheel while I get the first lug started.
    Name:  In narrow blue bag in Redverz seat bag.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  80.7 KB

    Name:  redverz 13 liter bag (1).jpg
Views: 112
Size:  306.2 KB
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  3. #3

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Here is what I carry on my R1200RS and my wife's R1200RS.
    I can't think of anything different you need for the R1250.
    I have pictures on my phone labeled where the tools are stored.
    Most are carried in a 10 liter bag on my seat.
    Lee thanks so much! May I ask where you found the blue pouch with the six torx drivers?
    Bruc

  4. #4
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    7,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Binto View Post
    Lee thanks so much! May I ask where you found the blue pouch with the six torx drivers?
    Bruc
    It was sold by Motion Pro Tools but they no longer make the Torx set.
    Another company has a similar looking set.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Bondhus-000...1881825&sr=8-3
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It was sold by Motion Pro Tools but they no longer make the Torx set.
    Another company has a similar looking set.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Bondhus-000...1881825&sr=8-3
    Yes I see Motion Control no longer makes that set. Do you think this is a knockoff?
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...UaAooTEALw_wcB

  6. #6
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    7,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Binto View Post
    Yes I see Motion Control no longer makes that set. Do you think this is a knockoff?
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...UaAooTEALw_wcB
    That may be the real thing, I remember it was not cheap like the Amazon kit.
    You could call Revzilla to make sure it's Motion Pro and not a copy.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That may be the real thing, I remember it was not cheap like the Amazon kit.
    You could call Revzilla to make sure it's Motion Pro and not a copy.
    Thanks, thatís a good idea. I also sent a note to Motion Pro.

  8. #8
    Left Coast Rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Here is what I carry on my R1200RS and my wife's R1200RS.
    With all those tools, you're guaranteed to never need them. Ever.

  9. #9
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    7,304
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    With all those tools, you're guaranteed to never need them. Ever.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    With all those tools, you're guaranteed to never need them. Ever.
    Ha ha I know you are right. Until you do... I guess itís just another opportunity to spend $$ and feel impervious. Which Iím not.

  11. #11
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    7,872
    Jim Von Baden put together a list of tools that are required for specific jobs on the Wethead GS. I suspect they all apply to your 1250 as well. You may want to consider his maintenance video for your bike. The tool list is free. The video is $30. Well worth it if you want to learn how to do basic maintenance on your bike, in my opinion.

    Tool list: http://jimvonbaden.com/Tool%20Lists%...%20Wethead.doc
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Jim Von Baden put together a list of tools that are required for specific jobs on the Wethead GS. I suspect they all apply to your 1250 as well. You may want to consider his maintenance video for your bike. The tool list is free. The video is $30. Well worth it if you want to learn how to do basic maintenance on your bike, in my opinion.

    Tool list: http://jimvonbaden.com/Tool%20Lists%...%20Wethead.doc
    Thanks very much Kevin. Grew up in Billings. Mighty hard to beat those roads. BT Hwy is simply a dream on a sport bike! Been over it many times.

Similar Threads

  1. Defective Seat R1250GS
    By 2UpAdventures in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-30-2019, 01:13 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2019, 10:31 PM
  3. 2019 R1250GS Rallye
    By roofus in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM
  4. 2019 R1250GS Review
    By Lee in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2018, 02:21 PM
  5. New R1250GS - Now With Added Power!
    By BC1100S in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2018, 07:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •