• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire Pressure Monitoring System Options

flatlandskier

EDITED:
Found the answer. Sorry, newbie.

Wondering if anyone is aware of a TPMS system that doesn’t use valve cap pressure senders?? That system doesn’t interest me, but I’d like to have some method of monitoring that uses an in-tire (tubeless) sensor like the water cooled bikes.

Last edited:
Glad you found an answer! I suspect that your question might be something on the minds of others...and posting your question with the answer you found might help later on. :thumb

Please re-post the question and the answer you found. Educating the rest of us is a key feature of this forum.

Please re-post the question and the answer you found. Educating the rest of us is a key feature of this forum.

The poster can actually skip a repost (as title change and related, especially on the first post in a thread) by an edit. If the poster has any difficulty, they can contact a Moderator for help. The Moderator listing is easily found through the Mod Squad imbedded link in my signature line.
The Moderators are always happy to help.
Gary

EDITED:
Found the answer. Sorry, newbie.

Wondering if anyone is aware of a TPMS system that doesn’t use valve cap pressure senders?? That system doesn’t interest me, but I’d like to have some method of monitoring that uses an in-tire (tubeless) sensor like the water cooled bikes.

If you have found an aftermarket TPMS that uses an in the tire sensor, then you should determine whether or not the battery in the sensor can be readily changed when needed. The battery in the BMW sensor is not designed to be change and replacing the sensor is expensive.

If you will check AliExpress, there are dozens of similar TPMS systems very reasonably priced. I doubt that any will plug into the BMW system, hence your going to end up with an aftermarket screen hanging from the handlebars(or elsewhere)

Randy

Back