Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: MOA Office help with questions

  1. #1
    Registered User tucoriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    17

    Question MOA Office help with questions

    Good day;

    I phoned the MOA office on Manday with a couple of questions, got a recording and left a message with my info for a call back. Today, Thursday I have not received a reply. Not great customer service. The questions I had was in reference to registering for the Great Falls event for 3 persons. I subsequently figured this out. I give as an excuse a slower cognitive response because of age.
    The second question I have is regarding the Platinum insurance that I recently signed up for. If I was in the unfortunate situation and required a tow truck is there a Phone number to call our insurer or is it just up to us to call a tow truck and seek reimbursement later? Thanks for any reply.

    Regards

    Neil

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,542
    You will receive a new membership card with the call number and other info.
    Chuck Manley
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

  3. #3
    I was able to get through to the office today about the rally.
    They did apologize and did state with the rally discount ending this week the phones haven't stopped ringing, this could be why you haven't been able to get a call back.

    As for the roadside information...I received mine with my new membership card


    -PL

  4. #4
    SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    7,899
    Certainly not my experience in dealing with the MOA office. I generally email my questions or requests for assistance. Probably had occasion to contact them four times in the past few years. On each occasion my request was responded to within 24 hours and in a manner satisfactory to me. I rate their customer service as excellent.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

  5. #5
    MOA Life Member t2moyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    676
    tucoriley,

    The Roadside Assistance Plan actually offers both a toll free number to call for towing support as well as the ability to arrange your own tow and submit expenses for reimbursement. The call center numbers are provided with your membership card. If for some reason the call center can’t provide service or you feel uncomfortable with the tower the call center provides, you always have the right to arrange your own tow with the company of your choice and you will be reimbursed up to $250.

    If I can answer any questions about Roadside, my direct number is (205) 999-9366.

    Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

  6. #6
    Registered User tucoriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    17

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by tucoriley View Post
    Good day;

    I phoned the MOA office on Manday with a couple of questions, got a recording and left a message with my info for a call back. Today, Thursday I have not received a reply. Not great customer service. The questions I had was in reference to registering for the Great Falls event for 3 persons. I subsequently figured this out. I give as an excuse a slower cognitive response because of age.
    The second question I have is regarding the Platinum insurance that I recently signed up for. If I was in the unfortunate situation and required a tow truck is there a Phone number to call our insurer or is it just up to us to call a tow truck and seek reimbursement later? Thanks for any reply.

    Regards

    Neil
    Thanks everyone for the reply to my post. I have not received my new membership card, (renewed in December) yet.

    Neil

  7. #7
    Registered User tucoriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    tucoriley,

    The Roadside Assistance Plan actually offers both a toll free number to call for towing support as well as the ability to arrange your own tow and submit expenses for reimbursement. The call center numbers are provided with your membership card. If for some reason the call center can’t provide service or you feel uncomfortable with the tower the call center provides, you always have the right to arrange your own tow with the company of your choice and you will be reimbursed up to $250.

    If I can answer any questions about Roadside, my direct number is (205) 999-9366.

    Ted
    Hello Ted;

    I called MOA office today and they emailed me a copy of my new membership card. Interestingly enough the (for more information) roadside assistance number on the back is the MOA office number.

    Neil

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tucoriley View Post
    Thanks everyone for the reply to my post. I have not received my new membership card, (renewed in December) yet.

    Neil
    Neil - if you log into our Membership Management System on the BMWMOA.org homepage, you can navigate to a page that lets you print out your membership card. I’d show you some screen captures, but I am currently on my phone and the menu system is different than the desktop PC version.

    Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

  9. #9
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    21,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    if you log into our Membership Management System on the BMWMOA.org homepage, you can navigate to a page that lets you print out your membership card.
    As Ian says, go to the homepage and login with your credentials. Then click on My Profile at the top of the page. Under the Quick Links tab, find the selection for Membership Card. After clicking on that, you will see all of your membership information as well as a link to View/Print your membership card.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  10. #10
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    15,112
    I’m thinking in a past thread that it was noted that “membership credentials” were processed in “batches” from an off-site location and not the office itself. Not the way a “local” club would issue a membership card but with an operation on the scale of the MOA, no doubt more efficient.
    Printing your own card should get you through until your actual membership package arrives.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  11. #11
    I am not sure this is a crisis. I became a Life Member in 1986. Sometime in the early 1990s or thereabouts I lost track of my membership card. I have not seen it since then. However, because I have never been asked to show anybody my membership card, not having it handy has never been a problem. I might be missing some issue here but I certainly don't know what it is.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  12. #12
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    7,486
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I am not sure this is a crisis. I became a Life Member in 1986. Sometime in the early 1990s or thereabouts I lost track of my membership card. I have not seen it since then. However, because I have never been asked to show anybody my membership card, not having it handy has never been a problem. I might be missing some issue here but I certainly don't know what it is.
    You don't need a card, just remember your number.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  13. #13
    I have nothing to add here concerning the OP, but I am sometimes quick to complain about the MOA mostly because I am just a cranky old lady. However, I called the office some time back concerning the rally discount registration and I could not have gotten better service PERIOD. Literally in less than one minute I had my business taken care of and the printed forms in my hand. The lady was exceptionally polite and efficient. Could I be mellowing .?
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  14. #14
    MOA Life Member t2moyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by tucoriley View Post
    Hello Ted;

    I called MOA office today and they emailed me a copy of my new membership card. Interestingly enough the (for more information) roadside assistance number on the back is the MOA office number.

    Neil
    Neil,

    The number on the back of the card “for more information about roadside” is just that - more info about roadside. The cards are all the same, however your membership packet contains an individualized Roadside flyer with the call in numbers, stickers for your bike(s) and the rules and regulations of each program. I’ll mail you a copy.

    Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

  15. #15
    Registered User tucoriley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tucoriley View Post
    Hello Ted;

    I called MOA office today and they emailed me a copy of my new membership card. Interestingly enough the (for more information) roadside assistance number on the back is the MOA office number.

    Neil
    Good day all;

    Thanks for the posts, much appreciated. As I posted yesterday when I phoned the office it was picked up right away and I was dealt with very pleasantly by Tonya who advised the card/package was sent by an outsource.
    Today I received my card/info package in the mail (how coincidental). As Ted posted , the info package contains, (what else?) all my info and a 8 1/2 x 5 ½ card with all the info on the Platinum coverage and 3 stickers with the phone numbers to call for Roadside and Tire Hazard protection, as well as the Plan and Code.

    I check the forum often for answers to my questions and appreciate all the responses from users here.

    Regards

    Neil

Similar Threads

  1. Thanks to the MOA office staff
    By kbasa in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
  2. Can you identify the office staff?
    By BRADFORDBENN in forum Campfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 02:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •