• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Office help with questions

tucoriley

Good day;

I phoned the MOA office on Manday with a couple of questions, got a recording and left a message with my info for a call back. Today, Thursday I have not received a reply. Not great customer service. The questions I had was in reference to registering for the Great Falls event for 3 persons. I subsequently figured this out. I give as an excuse a slower cognitive response because of age.
The second question I have is regarding the Platinum insurance that I recently signed up for. If I was in the unfortunate situation and required a tow truck is there a Phone number to call our insurer or is it just up to us to call a tow truck and seek reimbursement later? Thanks for any reply.

Regards

Neil

I was able to get through to the office today about the rally.
They did apologize and did state with the rally discount ending this week the phones haven't stopped ringing, this could be why you haven't been able to get a call back.

As for the roadside information...I received mine with my new membership card

-PL

Certainly not my experience in dealing with the MOA office. I generally email my questions or requests for assistance. Probably had occasion to contact them four times in the past few years. On each occasion my request was responded to within 24 hours and in a manner satisfactory to me. I rate their customer service as excellent.

tucoriley,

The Roadside Assistance Plan actually offers both a toll free number to call for towing support as well as the ability to arrange your own tow and submit expenses for reimbursement. The call center numbers are provided with your membership card. If for some reason the call center can’t provide service or you feel uncomfortable with the tower the call center provides, you always have the right to arrange your own tow with the company of your choice and you will be reimbursed up to $250.

If I can answer any questions about Roadside, my direct number is (205) 999-9366.

Ted

Thanks

Good day;

I phoned the MOA office on Manday with a couple of questions, got a recording and left a message with my info for a call back. Today, Thursday I have not received a reply. Not great customer service. The questions I had was in reference to registering for the Great Falls event for 3 persons. I subsequently figured this out. I give as an excuse a slower cognitive response because of age.
The second question I have is regarding the Platinum insurance that I recently signed up for. If I was in the unfortunate situation and required a tow truck is there a Phone number to call our insurer or is it just up to us to call a tow truck and seek reimbursement later? Thanks for any reply.

Regards

Neil

Thanks everyone for the reply to my post. I have not received my new membership card, (renewed in December) yet.

Neil

tucoriley,

The Roadside Assistance Plan actually offers both a toll free number to call for towing support as well as the ability to arrange your own tow and submit expenses for reimbursement. The call center numbers are provided with your membership card. If for some reason the call center can’t provide service or you feel uncomfortable with the tower the call center provides, you always have the right to arrange your own tow with the company of your choice and you will be reimbursed up to $250.

If I can answer any questions about Roadside, my direct number is (205) 999-9366.

Ted

Hello Ted;

I called MOA office today and they emailed me a copy of my new membership card. Interestingly enough the (for more information) roadside assistance number on the back is the MOA office number.

Neil

Thanks everyone for the reply to my post. I have not received my new membership card, (renewed in December) yet.

Neil

Neil - if you log into our Membership Management System on the BMWMOA.org homepage, you can navigate to a page that lets you print out your membership card. I’d show you some screen captures, but I am currently on my phone and the menu system is different than the desktop PC version.

Ian

if you log into our Membership Management System on the BMWMOA.org homepage, you can navigate to a page that lets you print out your membership card.

As Ian says, go to the homepage and login with your credentials. Then click on My Profile at the top of the page. Under the Quick Links tab, find the selection for Membership Card. After clicking on that, you will see all of your membership information as well as a link to View/Print your membership card.

I’m thinking in a past thread that it was noted that “membership credentials” were processed in “batches” from an off-site location and not the office itself. Not the way a “local” club would issue a membership card but with an operation on the scale of the MOA, no doubt more efficient.
Printing your own card should get you through until your actual membership package arrives.
OM

I am not sure this is a crisis. I became a Life Member in 1986. Sometime in the early 1990s or thereabouts I lost track of my membership card. I have not seen it since then. However, because I have never been asked to show anybody my membership card, not having it handy has never been a problem. I might be missing some issue here but I certainly don't know what it is.

I am not sure this is a crisis. I became a Life Member in 1986. Sometime in the early 1990s or thereabouts I lost track of my membership card. I have not seen it since then. However, because I have never been asked to show anybody my membership card, not having it handy has never been a problem. I might be missing some issue here but I certainly don't know what it is.

You don't need a card, just remember your number.

I have nothing to add here concerning the OP, but I am sometimes quick to complain about the MOA mostly because I am just a cranky old lady. However, I called the office some time back concerning the rally discount registration and I could not have gotten better service PERIOD. Literally in less than one minute I had my business taken care of and the printed forms in my hand. The lady was exceptionally polite and efficient. Could I be mellowing :scratch.:)?

Hello Ted;

I called MOA office today and they emailed me a copy of my new membership card. Interestingly enough the (for more information) roadside assistance number on the back is the MOA office number.

Neil

Neil,

The number on the back of the card “for more information about roadside” is just that - more info about roadside. The cards are all the same, however your membership packet contains an individualized Roadside flyer with the call in numbers, stickers for your bike(s) and the rules and regulations of each program. I’ll mail you a copy.

Ted

Hello Ted;

Neil
Good day all;

Thanks for the posts, much appreciated. As I posted yesterday when I phoned the office it was picked up right away and I was dealt with very pleasantly by Tonya who advised the card/package was sent by an outsource.
Today I received my card/info package in the mail (how coincidental). As Ted posted , the info package contains, (what else?) all my info and a 8 1/2 x 5 ½ card with all the info on the Platinum coverage and 3 stickers with the phone numbers to call for Roadside and Tire Hazard protection, as well as the Plan and Code.

I check the forum often for answers to my questions and appreciate all the responses from users here.

Regards

Neil

Neil,

The number on the back of the card “for more information about roadside” is just that - more info about roadside. The cards are all the same, however your membership packet contains an individualized Roadside flyer with the call in numbers, stickers for your bike(s) and the rules and regulations of each program. I’ll mail you a copy.

Ted

Hi Ted;

As I just posted I received my info package today. Thanks for your generous offer.

Neil

....I'm thinking it's time to "change the title" of this Thread.

"travel'n" John

Back