Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So, I'm starting to lose my loyalty.....

I like different riding experiences, so Iíve got a Ducati and a Honda VFR. Life is short, try stuff out.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Hold it, i'm the shrink here!!!!!!!!!!!

It is entirely possible that the guy has fallen victim to what I used to refer to as the Final Drive Syndrome. A few years back, if you were on the Forums, you could end up thinking that if you bought a bike from that era, especially if you bought a boxer; the final drive was a grenade waiting to go off at midnight in Alligator country. The fact was that the problem occurred in less than 4% of those models. That having been said, No one bothered to figure out what he was afraid of. A little support goes a long way. Remember the words of Sherlock Holmes (AKA Sir Arthur Conan Doyle" " I do not yet have enough data; insensibly men bend facts to fit theories, not theories to fit facts" As for the underlying nastiness Paul spoke of: I will be far less than subtle and less than polite as well: If snide comments and insinuations make you feel superior, perhaps you need to be on my couch. Kindly put them where the sun doesn't shine. 3hawks

Quote Originally Posted by will3hawks View Post
    SNIP...As for the underlying nastiness Paul spoke of: I will be far less than subtle and less than polite as well: If snide comments and insinuations make you feel superior, perhaps you need to be on my couch. Kindly put them where the sun doesn't shine. 3hawks
    I completely agree. On-line communication is difficult for everyone, and more so for many, and smart-ass remarks only drive people away. As Paul said, play nice!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Need a guidance counselor. Spent most of my life on HD, then RT, LT and now on GTL, but things are going sour and it seems???? odd?. I have four more states to ride to from home and I'm worried this GTL might let me down. Should I switch over to a Goldwing? Just thinking out loud.
    I'm losing my loyalty because the only BMW dealer in my state closed it's doors. There are 8 Harley and 6 Honda dealers. BMW prefers the "boutique" experience, I don't. It's still a just a product. Dealers have limited floor space satisfy BMW's corporate requirements. Just because I prefer BMW's doesn't mean I'm going 200 miles and take a vacation day if I need help.

The competition is upping their game and producing nice bikes. Loyalty to a badge means they are loyal to customers. If it isn't reciprocal, it's not a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by anglojaxon View Post
    I'm losing my loyalty because the only BMW dealer in my state closed it's doors. There are 8 Harley and 6 Honda dealers. BMW prefers the "boutique" experience, I don't. It's still a just a product. Dealers have limited floor space satisfy BMW's corporate requirements. Just because I prefer BMW's doesn't mean I'm going 200 miles and take a vacation day if I need help.

The competition is upping their game and producing nice bikes. Loyalty to a badge means they are loyal to customers. If it isn't reciprocal, it's not a relationship.
    Your concern is valid, and seems to be heard more and more. One option would be to call BMW Motorrad USA at their New Jersey headquarters and voice your concerns with them. Perhaps hearing directly from current customers would drive the point home. I believe this is still a valid number for their offices: 201-307-4000
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
    I like different riding experiences, so Iíve got a Ducati and a Honda VFR. Life is short, try stuff out.
    Yea I'm done. Trading in the GTL. Let me know if the MOA ever meets in Daytona Beach. I would savor the local reaction
    J C Hughes
    "When you play, play hard, when you work don't play at all".
    Colonel Theodore Roosevelt

Any bike can let you down, why worry about it? If it does, deal with it on the day. Go out and enjoy yourself as soon as you're allowed out of your house.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk