• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

So, I'm starting to lose my loyalty.....

I like different riding experiences, so I’ve got a Ducati and a Honda VFR. Life is short, try stuff out.

Yea I'm done. Trading in the GTL. Let me know if the MOA ever meets in Daytona Beach. I would savor the local reaction

Any bike can let you down, why worry about it? If it does, deal with it on the day. Go out and enjoy yourself as soon as you're allowed out of your house.

I have a nice low mileage 2010 Goldwing in a beautiful yellow that I am willing to sell...

Bernie

Miles and price?

This is sorta why we discourage buying and selling on the forum. Here is a response to a 2 month old post.
If there is any validity to this older post, please respond via the Private Message System.
Thanks.
The Mod Team.

It went great, I will miss the MOA and the yearly meets.

?

It’s the people that make up the club, not the bikes.
Variety is fine. I wouldn’t give up on the MOA or the rallies.
Most people appreciate a little variety.

Nothing wrong with a Goldwing...

Or any other bike for that matter. And experience tells us that when you buy into a certain bike, it will have niggles specific for the model. Still doesn't mean it isn't a great bike, just means that you need to know YOUR bike and what to keep an eye on. There is definitely a something to say about dealer support if you travel. Face it The Japanese brands and Harley have dealership support in just about every city in the country, BMW does not. To the point that I personally make it a point to know where dealers are in case I have an issue so I can make an assessment of what it would take to solve an issue while on the road. I tend to swing on the practicality side of things, looking at reliability and ease of total ownership. I want something that I can work on, and really enjoyed my hexhead GSA for that. But I decided I wanted different, so ended up with the GTL. If something isn't for you, than change it if you can. While I may end up with a wing or another tourer in the future, I am happy with what I have at the moment. I don't consider myself a BMW loyalist per say, its just that they have what I want right now. A breakdown on a trip in the future could change my mind on my next choice, but if I was seriously worried about breakdowns, and being able to get back on the road if I did, I would probably still be on a FJR, which is also a wonderful bike. Also there is something to be said for touring on something unusual, say a Triumph Speed Triple. There is some satisfaction about researching how and setting up a bike to do something more and above what the expected intent was for. In the end, make your choice, and ride the snot out of it.

I will still wave at you on the road if I see you, no matter what you are riding, and hopefully visa-versa.

Thank you, just another chapter in motorcycle ownership. I have experienced a great number of makes models and years. Only a couple of bad days. Good days ahead:dance

Back