• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to the forum, returning MOA member

insanehussain

I joined BMW MOA in 2004 when I bought a new R1150R. Let the membership lapse after a few years...

I still have the same bike and it's still my primary ride [emoji846]. And recently rejoined. Looking forward to participating...

Iqbal.
ace33dd12d904959b86f50fa47c08fbb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

But !

2004 R1150R were red, black, grey and silver in color! The 2005 were R1200R. Where did the Blue come from?: Also white below the tank covering the oil coolers is not normal. It is a sweet looking though. scratch

It was originally Piedmont red.... I took the parts off a few years back and had a local auto body shop paint them.

I did have a silver one in 2005. What is the name of your paint colors then? You did a very tasteful arrangement! I like it.:thumb

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's BMW automotive colors San Marino blue and Mineral white. Small local auto body shop who didn't charge me an arm & leg... And they restored a quarter size ding on it too.

Why did I leave? Got married somewhere along the line and started a family. Life got busy and priorities evolved. I remember a few years when I barely cracked 1K miles.

The kids are still a handful (6 & 3) but I've settled into a rhythm with my riding... I head out at first light most weekends in season and aim to be home by around 10AM, rest of the day with the family. In the heart of summer that's a good 6 hours of riding a day [emoji846]...

Why am I back? The forums a great resource for general help with the bike, high quality dialog and insights. With 130K on the clock and a roster of maintenance/upgrades to get through before spring... I'm sure I'll be reaching out for help when I get stuck.

I generally ride alone... Maybe I'll find an evenly matched riding buddy who enjoys spirtited rides on back roads.

The tow service is piece of mind, and I always read the magazines cover to cover. Glad to be back and look forward to opportunities the membership brings....

I miss my previous red 04 R... that I would now paint using your colors. Simply fantastic!

welcome back...

"travel'n" John

Back