• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2020 Death Valley Rendezvous

tanker4me

It's that time of year again!
If you've not been to Death Valley National Park, this is the perfect time of year to do it. (as long as it doesn't rain!)

2020 DVR back.jpg

Darn! I saw this thread too late. Althgouh perhaps my wethead isn't welcome. :)
Hope you had a great time!
I live in Santa Cruz and try to make it to Death Valley at least twice/year.
It's my favorite place to ride but I prefer making the trip when Tioga Pass is open through Yosemite.

Isn't DV about 120 degrees F when Tioga Pass is open?

I agree with you that it is a great place to ride.

Years ago before camping much on bike trips, rode thru DV only stopping to get fuel at Furnace Creek.
I thought I had seen DV!
Ten years ago started moto camping regularly, mostly with the AirHeads.
I now spend at least a week sometimes two every year in and around DV.

Temps this year started off cool with a high on Thursday around 72 F, by Monday it was 84 F.

Your Wethead is welcome, less than 40% of the 130 or so bikes were Airheads!

This link has some photos and info on the 2020 DVR.
Bill
https://advrider.com/f/threads/death-valley-airhead-rendezvous.1268097/page-4#post-

Last edited:
Ideally I do Tioga Pass + DV in October and it’s pretty manageable. I have done Death Valley at 120 degrees but it was pretty brutal. I don’t know that I’d do it again.

Looking forward to catching the next trip with you!

Camping sounds great.

Back