Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking to get another “not a beemer” bike any ideas

I actually rode a 310 GS last spring. It was a lot of fun once I learned to keep the revs up. I haven’t completely eliminated BMW or Triumph, just thinking about the convience of a local dealer network.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Just spooled your video - - well done! What a neat trip - - you covered a lot ground on that bike!
    Lemme tellya, that little bike has got what it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Lemme tellya, that little bike has got what it takes!
    That is very good to hear. Truth be told, I am waiting for my local dealer to get one in so I can test ride. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a new one of these or a used F650/700GS. Pros and cons to both, but the pricepoint for the CB500X is hard to beat, not to mention the weight and fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    I have a CB 500X in Europe and it is a phenomenal motorcycle. I had quite forgotten how much fun a smaller, lighter bike is to ride.
    This gal also rides a Honda CB500X:
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    This gal also rides a Honda CB500X:

Meghan makes some nice videos, including a review of her CB500X. Hers is an earlier generation that she purchased used. She seems to really like it a lot and she covers some territory with it. The latest version (2019+) has had a lot of improvements made to it (which I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread), so might be even more attractive.

A new C 125 Honda Cub till you find a Used “whatever” and get “2 for 1”.

Charlie

Hey all thanks for all the input! I pulled the trigger on 2/29 brought home a new ‘19 NC750X. Liked it a bit more than the 500. Didn’t want to plop down 9 or 10 k for the z900rs. Hope I enjoy it.....

Quote Originally Posted by bmrrdr View Post
    Hey all thanks for all the input! I pulled the trigger on 2/29 brought home a new ‘19 NC750X. Liked it a bit more than the 500. Didn’t want to plop down 9 or 10 k for the z900rs. Hope I enjoy it.....
    It's a motorcycle! why wouldn't you enjoy it!

That is great, congrats! It seems like an ideal bike for commuting and getting around town, plus being capable of light touring.

The forward trunk on the NC750X is very appealing. I think it’s darn impressive that by moving the tank under the seat, Honda was able to create a compartment large enough to lock your helmet into. And yet the BMW F700/800GS bikes have virtually no storage there!?!?

Triumph Bonneville T100

Hey all, I’m a proud owner of a R1200GSA.. love it and keeping it. I am however thinking about getting a smaller maybe lighter bike just for tooling around on when I don’t want to get the GS out. So far I’m considering and have ridden a new ‘17 Honda CB500X and a Kawasaki Z900RS. I know they are nothing alike. Have also looked at an Indian Scout 60 and a Suzuki SV650. Anybody have or have had one of these that can share some insight?? I really like the Triumph Bonneville T100 and Royal Enfield GT650. I’ve crossed these off though because I don’t have a local dealer. As a bunch of us have I’ve traveled at least 200 miles for a BWW dealer for over 20 years and they just closed their doors. Now I have to go 250. Anyway would really appreciate some input. Thanks.
    I have a 2014 Bonneville T100 865cc that has been a blast to ride, easy to maintain and relatively light weight (500 lbs.). Gas mileage as high as 58 mpg, multiple accessory options, and to me, great looking.

I'm still looking at a second bike. Sat on the RE Himalayan, not for me. Checked out the BMW 310, not for me either. BUT I did just sit on a Honda cb500X and other than no accessories available for it [ like bags ] it ticks most of the boxes.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    I'm still looking at a second bike. Sat on the RE Himalayan, not for me. Checked out the BMW 310, not for me either. BUT I did just sit on a Honda cb500X and other than no accessories available for it [ like bags ] it ticks most of the boxes.
    It’s on my short list too. As far as bags, there are many options, oem and aftermarket. Lots of other accessories, as well. It has a fairly big aftermarket following...

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    It’s on my short list too. As far as bags, there are many options, oem and aftermarket. Lots of other accessories, as well. It has a fairly big aftermarket following...
    Not sure what racks would be made for this bike. The salesperson said no bags available yet on the 2020. Now I'm wondering if they'd be the same and available for a 2019-2018 etc.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    Not sure what racks would be made for this bike. The salesperson said no bags available yet on the 2020. Now I'm wondering if they'd be the same and available for a 2019-2018 etc.
    2019 & 2020 models are identical. Oem Honda bags and racks available. Aftermarket bags and racks from SW Motec, Givi, Rally Raid, and others, hard and soft cases. This bike has loads of accessories available, oem and aftermarket.

Hey all, I’m a proud owner of a R1200GSA.. love it and keeping it. I am however thinking about getting a smaller maybe lighter bike just for tooling around on when I don’t want to get the GS out. So far I’m considering and have ridden a new ‘17 Honda CB500X and a Kawasaki Z900RS. I know they are nothing alike. Have also looked at an Indian Scout 60 and a Suzuki SV650. Anybody have or have had one of these that can share some insight?? I really like the Triumph Bonneville T100 and Royal Enfield GT650. I’ve crossed these off though because I don’t have a local dealer. As a bunch of us have I’ve traveled at least 200 miles for a BWW dealer for over 20 years and they just closed their doors. Now I have to go 250. Anyway would really appreciate some input. Thanks.
    Start by thinking about what kind of riding experience you want to have. Classic bike? Modern sporting weapon? Cruiser? Backroad capable naked?

Start there and then you can drill down into the segment.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.