Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMW Boots

BMW Boots

Just heard that the BMW Allround and Pro Tour boots have been discontinued.

However, my order for the Allround boot is still open and apparently BMW is shipping them as they become available. Do any of you know a great replacement for the Allround? Looking for warmth, water proofness and comfortable for walking.
    I looked up and saw a running bear. Why do you ask Two Dogs....

TCX X-5 https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gore-tex-boots

I’ve had very good results with TCX, formerly known as Oxtar.

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

I tried on the BMW GS boots last year and was going to buy a pair but they're discontinued. Make I'll just stick with my MX Alpinestars tech 7's for the tour I'm planning to do.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

I really like my BMW Gravel Boots.
    I find them to be pretty street friendly and not as "off-road" as their name might have you think.

I hope those aren't discontinued too. I may pick up a 2nd pair.

Sidi Canyon Gore-tex
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

My last pair were the Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex until we moved and our family helping us put them in one of the sheds on our property. Unfortunately a red squirrel decided to use one of the boots as nesting material

I liked them a lot but couldn’t find them locally and went a different route and bought a pair of Bates boots. Waterproof, feel like a comfortable pair of shoes walking around and waterproof. I am now a convert to these https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/...sports&start=1
    2005 R1200RT
    Brian

I have been wearing either Bates GX-8 or Danner Striker lace up uniform boots for riding for years. I will not wear a slip on boot on the motorcycle. I have seen them go flying off in a accident.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Gore tex in footwear is stupid! As soon as the pores in the fabric membrane are clogged with dirt, sweat residue etc they are just plastic bags. But they've certainly fooled the masses with their marketing.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Gore tex in footwear is stupid! As soon as the pores in the fabric membrane are clogged with dirt, sweat residue etc they are just plastic bags. But they've certainly fooled the masses with their marketing.
    I can't say that is not true, but I can say that wearing the same pair of boots for maybe 150,000 miles over 7 or 8 years I never reached the point where the Goretex became clogged.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I can't say I noticed any issue with Goretex either, but then I replace my boots every two or three years. All I know is my feet stay dry when it is raining hard.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

I've experienced clogging of gore-tex clothing and had to treat to unclog. I was actually wondering about that for boots and what could be done if it happens. My first gore-tex boots only one year old and I haven't experienced any problems yet.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

BMW Pro 2 Riding Boots

Just received confirmation from Revzilla that the BMW Pro 2 boots are back in stock in limited quantities. These are street oriented boots. If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......

Quote Originally Posted by robocop View Post
    Just received confirmation from Revzilla that the BMW Pro 2 boots are back in stock in limited quantities. These are street oriented boots. If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......
    If you call or email revzilla, they'll provide that info for you. They were very helpful when i we hinting for boit's - i ended up with the short Daytonas.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    I have been wearing either Bates GX-8 or Danner Striker lace up uniform boots for riding for years. I will not wear a slip on boot on the motorcycle. I have seen them go flying off in a accident.
    Around town I wear Sidici boots, on a trip my go to boots are my Timberland Nubuk's. I KNOW they are waterproof having worn nothing but these boots year round in New England. Comfortable so walking any distance isn't a problem. Don't have the same ankle support as some other "riding" boots, but they are still the go to boot for when I'm going to be away for any length of time. They've never failed to stay dry and warm. They might be too hot for some in the summer, but I'm fortunate my feet don't sweat all that much if at all in them [ probably from wearing them every day for decades ].

On the trip to the arctic 18 months ago, the two other riders who wore expensive "riding" boots had water failures after 3 days of solid rain. When we got to Fairbanks, they bought Red Wing's and enjoyed the remainder of the trip with dry feet.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by robocop View Post
    . If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......
    I have the Pro Touring 1.
    From the floor to top of the boot at the back is 12.5"
    The heal is 1"thick.
    The front of the boot is 1/2" to 3/4" taller than the back.

My wife has the women's Pro Touring 2 and they're approx 1/2" shorter than my boots due to the smaller size.

My boots are size 46 and hers are size 41.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT