Thread: Live Camera with NAV?

Live Camera with NAV?

Can a camera be connected to the NAV V or NAV VI and show the image on the screen? I mean, can I mount a camera in the rear and have a backup camera like in a car?

(I think the VIRB connection only allows you to operate a camera, not show the image)

Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The Garmin VIRB 30 allows you to use the NAV VI to start/stop recording or take photo. If there is a way to show live feed, I have not seen it. The live view can be broadcast on a smartphone however.

Reading your question got me to thinking about having a video playing while operating a vehicle, mainly in the operator's field of view. Slight tangent on the thread, but wouldn't law enforcement folks have an issue with this? Who knows? With the way technology has progressed, I would guess they would not give it a thought.
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Yeah, Iím thinking of this just as a backup camera and was hoping that the NAV VI had some capability. I may consider something like in the two threads above.

Quote Originally Posted by WWeldin View Post
    Reading your question got me to thinking about having a video playing while operating a vehicle, mainly in the operator's field of view. Slight tangent on the thread, but wouldn't law enforcement folks have an issue with this? .
    Some cars have electronic rear view cameras. Not a backup camera in the dash.
    Going down the road you can choose the regular mirror or a video displayed in the rear view mirror.
    The electronic view gives you a much wider view.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Some cars have electronic rear view cameras. Not a backup camera in the dash.
    Going down the road you can choose the regular mirror or a video displayed in the rear view mirror.
    The electronic view gives you a much wider view.
    Not too long after I submitted that reply, I remembered about big trucks have some of those cameras mounted on the fenders to add coverage on blind-spots. Then of course, there are those rear view cameras in cars. Thanks.

My, how times have changed.
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT