• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Passenger Armrests Available?

boborgail

My neighbor just purchased his first BMW -- a 2019 R1250RT. He'll be joining the MOA shortly and has asked me to post this question.

His new bike will come with the 49L fully-electrified Top Case (as part of the BMW promo).

His wife saw a K1600GTL with armrests and liked them, so he wants to know if it's possible to install them on his RT. Or, are there any alternative solutions.

The BMW armrests for the GTL are pretty pricy, but happy wife, happy life!

https://www.shopbmwmotorcycle.com/c...ts/bmw-k1600gtl-pillion-passenger-armrest-kit

Thanks for your help.

Bob

There isn't a thing available for arm rests for the RT. I went through this with my wife coming from a Harley bagger to a 2018 RT. I looked for months and gave up. I couldn't find anything aftermarket or factory. The K1600 arm rests mount to the frame under the top case and the frame is totally different between the K and the RT. I considered building something as I am fairly handy in the shop but gave up on it, plus my wife decided she didn't need them after getting some time in the saddle.

If someone can prove me wrong I welcome it!!

There isn't a thing available for arm rests for the RT. I went through this with my wife coming from a Harley bagger to a 2018 RT. I looked for months and gave up. I couldn't find anything aftermarket or factory. The K1600 arm rests mount to the frame under the top case and the frame is totally different between the K and the RT. I considered building something as I am fairly handy in the shop but gave up on it, plus my wife decided she didn't need them after getting some time in the saddle.

If someone can prove me wrong I welcome it!!

My wife would like those too. Also I would love to hear about cup holders folks may have found that work on the R1250RT.

Back