• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Live Camera with NAV?

joeyb1000

Can a camera be connected to the NAV V or NAV VI and show the image on the screen? I mean, can I mount a camera in the rear and have a backup camera like in a car?

(I think the VIRB connection only allows you to operate a camera, not show the image)

The Garmin VIRB 30 allows you to use the NAV VI to start/stop recording or take photo. If there is a way to show live feed, I have not seen it. The live view can be broadcast on a smartphone however.

Reading your question got me to thinking about having a video playing while operating a vehicle, mainly in the operator's field of view. Slight tangent on the thread, but wouldn't law enforcement folks have an issue with this? Who knows? With the way technology has progressed, I would guess they would not give it a thought.

Yeah, I’m thinking of this just as a backup camera and was hoping that the NAV VI had some capability. I may consider something like in the two threads above.

Reading your question got me to thinking about having a video playing while operating a vehicle, mainly in the operator's field of view. Slight tangent on the thread, but wouldn't law enforcement folks have an issue with this? .

Some cars have electronic rear view cameras. Not a backup camera in the dash.
Going down the road you can choose the regular mirror or a video displayed in the rear view mirror.
The electronic view gives you a much wider view.

Some cars have electronic rear view cameras. Not a backup camera in the dash.
Going down the road you can choose the regular mirror or a video displayed in the rear view mirror.
The electronic view gives you a much wider view.

Not too long after I submitted that reply, I remembered about big trucks have some of those cameras mounted on the fenders to add coverage on blind-spots. Then of course, there are those rear view cameras in cars. Thanks.

My, how times have changed.

Back