• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

To you Battery wizards - Help!

motodan

New F850GSA (270 miles), bought in November and if I remember correctly had it on charger a couple of times. Just back from 30 day absences, hooked up my smart Schauer charger to get two blinking lights, Called Schauer, gentleman I spoke with wasn't sure what those blinking two green lights would mean...their manual doesn't mention this either. Check bike's volt meter, shows 12.2. Hook up a Battery Tender, get a blinking red light which indicates power being applied, but battery not hooked up correctly. However, pigtail wiring is correct. Thoughts?

I think I would try both chargers on a known source like your car. That can get you re-associated with how they should look.
Next I would go back directly to the bikes battery and see how that “looks”. On some of the chargers, that flashing “reverse polarity” signal can be generated by a charger lead only reading one side of the battery.
It could be the pigtail has come loose or become faulty.
OM

I wasn't myself when initially posting however, after eating a Snicker's Bar I decided to check pigtail fuse----Duh ---- Blown! So I've moved on to...Well now, why did that happen?

Back