Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Motorcycle Consumer News closes its doors

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    I just restarted my subscription the first issue was January
    Did MCN cash your check/charge your card? I renewed late last year -- pushing my subscription out to 1/22. Checked my bank statement, and apparently they never processed my check. If they processed your payment, there is a procedure outlined in their notice (link above), telling how to apply for a possible refund. No guarantee there will be enough funds to process refunds for all subscribers.

Good luck!
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

This is the worst news I've heard in a long time. MCN and Rider are my two mainstays. (along with MOA, of course) Other magazines come and go, but I always renewed those two. I'm heartbroken.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebe View Post
    This is the worst news I've heard in a long time. I'm heartbroken.
    Pardon me for saying this but....seriously? The worst news you've heard in a long time? And you're heartbroken?

I'd hate to hear your reaction if, say, there was a disease outbreak that's killed over 900 people and disrupted the lives of millions.

Apologies to all for the thread derail.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Pardon me for saying this but....seriously? The worst news you've heard in a long time? And you're heartbroken?

I'd hate to hear your reaction if, say, there was a disease outbreak that's killed over 900 people and disrupted the lives of millions.

Apologies to all for the thread derail.
    OK, I sometimes forget how many out there live in the world of PC hyperbole.

This is the worst MOTORCYCLE RELATED news I've heard in a long time, and yes, despite how it makes the all important YOU feel, I'm as heartbroken as one can be about such a thing. It's my favorite publication. (Motorcycle related, that is.) Not nearly as heartbroken as knowing that every gallon of gasoline I burn releases 5 pounds of carbon into the atmosphere, helping cause the highest concentration of CO2 in the history of the planet leading to the inevitable destruction of all life on earth. Have you buried your motorcycle yet?

That should do for the apples vs oranges comparison department.
    Last edited by Stebe; 02-12-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebe View Post
    ...and yes, despite how it makes the all important YOU feel......
    Again...seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Again...seriously?
    Yes.

So, this conversation ends here. My Dad told me "Never argue with drunks or fools". I don't know if you drink.

My apologies to the forum for having participated in the nonsense above. Perhaps a definition would help, knowledge of this word could have prevented deliberate misconstrual.

Context:
    1. The words that come before or after a particular word or phrase and help to fix its meaning

2. The circumstances in which an event occurs

In context: with the surrounding words and therefore giving a correct impression of the meaning.

Out of context: without the surrounding words and therefore giving a false impression of the meaning.

My feelings about the demise of MCN were found in a thread about the demise of MCN, therefore appropriate and in context to the discussion at hand. BC1100s inappropriate comparison to the spread of a new virus was clearly out of context. I've found that when discussing in type like this, context is sometimes lost. Of course, whether or not that's accidental is up for question.

Hope this helps those who need it most.