Thread: 2005 R1200RT Disposal

2005 R1200RT Disposal

I'm looking to dispose of my 2005 R1200RT. I'm not willing to sell it whole due to the liability associated with the faulty ABS brake system. I'm in San Diego, and California makes it near impossible to deal with. Anyone have any ideas?

You could donate it to a non-profit. They have a towing/auction company pick it up, then they sell it at auction. The auction price is a tax deduction.

Have you considered just bypassing the ABS system (assuming that is even possible with the servo-controlled system)? Also, you might want to post a picture or two in your ads. The body work is often very valuable and knowing something about color and overall condition would be helpful.
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Sell it for parts, no title. Advertise it as such. Remove the ABS, or disable the bike in some way so it can not be ridden.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

So precisely what is wrong with the ABS?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    So precisely what is wrong with the ABS?
    Yes, I would like to know as well. The ABS on my 2006 works perfectly, and I am a huge admirer of the brakes. The bike seriously stops!

John

Kool Aid Dispenser! jimvonbaden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy35 View Post
    Have you considered just bypassing the ABS system (assuming that is even possible with the servo-controlled system)? Also, you might want to post a picture or two in your ads. The body work is often very valuable and knowing something about color and overall condition would be helpful.
    Yeah, I don't get the reluctance to sell it, but fixing the ABS or bypassing it (totally doable), is what I would do. No need to toss a perfectly good bike in the trash.

Jim
    www.JVBProductions.com Now, all videos available via download, Shifthead also now available.