• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2005 R1200RT Disposal

promptcritical

I'm looking to dispose of my 2005 R1200RT. I'm not willing to sell it whole due to the liability associated with the faulty ABS brake system. I'm in San Diego, and California makes it near impossible to deal with. Anyone have any ideas?

You could donate it to a non-profit. They have a towing/auction company pick it up, then they sell it at auction. The auction price is a tax deduction.

Have you considered just bypassing the ABS system (assuming that is even possible with the servo-controlled system)? Also, you might want to post a picture or two in your ads. The body work is often very valuable and knowing something about color and overall condition would be helpful.

Sell it for parts, no title. Advertise it as such. Remove the ABS, or disable the bike in some way so it can not be ridden.

Have you considered just bypassing the ABS system (assuming that is even possible with the servo-controlled system)? Also, you might want to post a picture or two in your ads. The body work is often very valuable and knowing something about color and overall condition would be helpful.

Yeah, I don't get the reluctance to sell it, but fixing the ABS or bypassing it (totally doable), is what I would do. No need to toss a perfectly good bike in the trash.

Jim :brow

Back