• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ford vs Ferrari - The Movie!

mehrten

Mehrten
We watched Ford vs Ferrari yesterday afternoon.

Wow!

Even the extras on how the movie was made are most excellent!

I my opinion this movie ranks right up there with On Any Sunday and the World's Fastest Indian.

Really a great movie with all the good and the not-so-good that happened in that era.

Worth a watch...

Sorry, I didn't know that a link to a movie was required.

Try google and you'll find all kinds of links to Ford vs Ferrari.

It's easy...

It's a Geezer thing; must be thinking everything's on the InterWeb by now.
SURELY? :scratch

I asked U to stop calling me Shirley... :wave

I enjoyed the movie, didn't think Damon looked like Shelby at all, acted like him though.

Not sure it is the "Best Picture" caliber but definitely a worthwhile watch on a snowy evening.

Movie and a Bag of Popcorn - $21 I about $hit

If you liked the movie, then you should watch "The 24 Hour War". It's a documentary of the same subject with great footage from the races and interviews with the guys who were there. Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Carrol Shelby, Pierre Ferrari and many more. It's on Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have one of those. This is a preview clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnDoXQKvg

We watched Ford vs Ferrari yesterday afternoon.

Wow!

We saw it a couple weeks ago and really liked it.

The best movie we've seen this winter is Just Mercy.

So far this winter we have seen
Richard Jewel
Dark Waters
A beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
Ford Vs Ferrari
Midway
The Current War
Little Women
Just Mercy

Not a bad one in the list.

We saw it a couple weeks ago and really liked it.

The best movie we've seen this winter is Just Mercy.

So far this winter we have seen
Richard Jewel
Dark Waters
A beautiful Day In The Neighborhood
Ford Vs Ferrari
Midway
The Current War
Little Women
Just Mercy

Not a bad one in the list.

Looks like you missed Knives Out...hilarious, great movie.

If you liked the movie, then you should watch "The 24 Hour War". It's a documentary of the same subject with great footage from the races and interviews with the guys who were there. Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Carrol Shelby, Pierre Ferrari and many more. It's on Netflix and Amazon Prime if you have one of those. This is a preview clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnDoXQKvg

I second this suggestion. "The 24 Hour War" is a great documentary of this famous contest which I hope proves to be a great background movie to watch before "Ford vs. Ferrari". Also good is "Shelby American" - the story of Carrol Shelby and his racing teams. Both are on Netflix. Those were exciting times for motor heads.

I second this suggestion. "The 24 Hour War" is a great documentary of this famous contest which I hope proves to be a great background movie to watch before "Ford vs. Ferrari". Also good is "Shelby American" - the story of Carrol Shelby and his racing teams. Both are on Netflix. Those were exciting times for motor heads.

Thanks, I added those to my netflix list.

We skipped it because the trailer we saw at the theater made it look like a horror movie.

We thought the same and didn't plan to see it...until our son saw it and encouraged us to go. It's really a good one, with many twists and turns to the plot. Daniel Craig continues to show his amazing acting chops.

It's one of those movies that got a round of applause at the end.

Me & a GT40

My brother in law bought this for about 13K in the early 70s Recently sold it for considerably more. It was a runner and he would take it to Willow Springs on "Cobra" days. I sat with him for a session and we had it up to 140 on the back stretch, but his style was to loaf on the straights and rail through the corners. Really a small car, and there is nothing to hold onto when pitched around when cornering. He has had it in TV commercials and the producer asked him to fishtail through a turn. He replied that Ford had spent millions to make a car that would not do that and flatly refused.

Attachments

• PA200005.JPG
    PA200005.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 95
My brother in law bought this for about 13K in the early 70s Recently sold it for considerably more. It was a runner and he would take it to Willow Springs on "Cobra" days. I sat with him for a session and we had it up to 140 on the back stretch, but his style was to loaf on the straights and rail through the corners. Really a small car, and there is nothing to hold onto when pitched around when cornering. He has had it in TV commercials and the producer asked him to fishtail through a turn. He replied that Ford had spent millions to make a car that would not do that and flatly refused.

THAT is a cool story! I can only imagine what that car is worth today. Thanks for sharing.

Back