Thread: R1100RS seat

HiSea

R1100RS seat

Hi folks,

I知 looking for a seat similar to the picture attached to use on my 1994 R1100RS. Even the name of the seat would be helpful. I知 not sure what kind of seat this is so I知 not exactly sure how to search for the type of seat. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Corbin Gunfighter

Seat

It’s a Corbin for me it is pain free for about a 100 miles I raised the front seat brackets on motorcycle at least a inch so it slopes less downhill the blue RS has a stock seat which I will try out on a long ride this spring. I have a Air Hawk seat pad that helps ( small cruiser size )

4E85BC6C-B424-4C3E-8E0D-D0D3B5ECFCAE.jpeg7A0D8926-7B88-40BD-A021-975CBA3F544B.jpeg

Why the air hawk is not on the bike all the time

I think this is the year the garage gets cleaned

P.S. if you live close to central Illinois send me a p.m. you can try thing out

Corbin's website doesn't seem to show the flip-up passenger backrest as an option for the R1100RS any longer.

I have one of these seats and I find the pilot's (my) seat to be quite comfortable on the high (tallest) setting. But a word of caution about the passenger's seat - the pilot's seat is slightly larger than the stock seat, thus the passenger's seat is smaller. And the flip-up backrest also takes up a couple of inches of the passenger's seat space. I got the back rest for my wife, but she never found the passenger seat to be very comfortable.

These Corbin pilot and passenger seats are much heavier than the stock seats. It took a little while before the seat was "broken-in". The seat on my 94 R1100RS is now 26 years old, so I guess that it is ok for longevity.

https://www.corbin.com/bmw/9396rumble.shtml

HiSea
    Thanks for the replies. I looked up gunslinger and now have a search saved for a black Corbin gunslinger seat for my red 1100rs. I just saw one in a video not too long ago and like the look of that 塗idden passenger seat. Thanks again!

I have that Corbin seat and it is COMFORTABLE on long trips. I just rode my R1100RS from northern Indiana to Tampa, Florida and I had no butt pain whatsoever. I can稚 say the same for the Sargent seat on my R1100S. Definitely worth the cost!

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by dennyd View Post
    I have that Corbin seat and it is COMFORTABLE on long trips. I just rode my R1100RS from northern Indiana to Tampa, Florida and I had no butt pain whatsoever. I can’t say the same for the Sargent seat on my R1100S
    Different butt - different experience. My Sargent suited me just fine from Vancouver to LA and back. The only pain in the ass on that trip was one of the guys I was riding with.

But back on topic, I've also had great experience with a Corbin.