• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1997 R1100RS misfire only at 4000 to 4500 rpm

Engine temp sensor? Isn't the Rider Information Display showing 5 bars seem normal? Could it be sending some bad signal to the EMC, and sending a good signal to the dashboard readout? When I first start cycle, it jumps to 1 bar, or 2 bars. Then is climbs up to 5 bars, underway. Stays steady. Seems normal.

I cleared the 2344 = lambda sensor open circuit. Took it for a spin, took it up on hwy to get 5th G observations. Would have to say, it runs like it always has (like a tractor, but ok) I did notice there is still some stalling and stumbling between 3800 and 4500. Not much! Throttle doesn't respond very well, little boggy, but when I clear 4500 it picks up torque and starts accelerating smoothly. So, I am fairly convinced that this problem has been present for some time, I just never noticed until I got in the right conditions.
Here is a picture of old o2 sensor:

O2 Sensor tip 3.jpg

Is that white crud on tip a bad thing?

Back from trip, plugged in diagnostic tool again. Got a new code! 2343 = Mixture compensation boundary
Anyone know what that is?
Gonna clear it, and take another spin and see if it recurs.
This diagnostic tool is fun!!

Back