Thread: Unigo or bushtec trailer, 05 r1200rt trailer wiring and hitch

Unigo or bushtec trailer, 05 r1200rt trailer wiring and hitch

Can get a used bushtec trailer for half the cost of a unigo so leading in that direction. Sadly i figure it will cost 400 to 500 to get what is needed to connect a bushtec genesis trailer to my 2005 r1200rt bike...my best guess. Suggestions on where to purchase a wiring harness and trailer bike hitch?
    Thank you

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I think this is more of a Hex/Cam kinda deal?

I will send it over later. Lots of activity here in Wetheads so you may get some help in this section.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

When I had my 05 RT and put a hitch on it (DMC) I used a series of relays for the lighting. The very small load from the relay did not impact the canbus at all.
    Dave...
    ----------------
    15 R1200 RT, 12 G650GS
    83 Suzuki XN85 D Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I think this is more of a Hex/Cam kinda deal?

I will send it over later. Lots of activity here in Wetheads so you may get some help in this section.

OM
    Thank you, took a pass on the trailer. Seems me thinking how much fun it would be to use outweighed reality as i thought it over while looking at it. Plus the old 97 honda goldwing SE was indeed in need of repair that had pulled the trailer prior

I see you passed on the trailer, but I thought I would put in my two cents.

When looking at a trailer consider what you need to haul. The Bushtech and a few others are nice trailers, but do you need that much capacity? Most of them are 15-20 cubic feet, the Unigo is 5 cubic feet. Do you ride two up? Do you camp? Most two wheel trailers will affect you gas mileage greatly, knock of 5 MPG or more. The Unigo will not affect you gas mileage, at least anything noticeable. I have a Unigo, and have built a couple single wheel trailers. I would have to need the extra cargo space of a two wheel trailer before I would think one is better than a Unigo. My wife travels with me and we like a bit more storage than what the motorcycle has so we tow a Unigo on long trips. We don't camp so no need for the extra capacity for a tent or sleeping bags. My wife is a bit on the high maintenance side, (no complaints from me! She loks good at 58 years old!), and likes to haul extra clothing. One trip we went on she even brought a dress and high heels! The Unigo works well for us. A single rider that camps I would think a Unigo would be enough.
    Last edited by PoorUB; 01-30-2020 at 01:12 AM.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

PoorUB I thought your Harley was high maintenance.

The Harley is a lot less money to maintain than the Mrs!
    From the only real Fargo, ND!