• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW MOA Anonymous book in app form

I downloaded the app on my iPhone last night and enabled it to use my location. It immediately told me my local town and showed my number (I’m the only one listed here).

Today, I was showing it to a friend and it showed my location as same but made me cycle thru all the towns in the state to actually access my town.

I noticed in the app store there is a email address for the developer so I emailed him and explained the location function did not work on my devices.
I also gave him a link to this thread so he can check it out as he works on bugs.

I noticed in the app store there is a email address for the developer so I emailed him and explained the location function did not work on my devices.
I also gave him a link to this thread so he can check it out as he works on bugs.

Great, never thought of doing that!

I have been contacted by an App developer for this App. They will be making Beta Versions of the App available to me so that I can help test. This is done through the use of another App (TestFlight). Looking forward to doing this for sure.
:dance

I have been contacted by an App developer for this App. They will be making Beta Versions of the App available to me so that I can help test. This is done through the use of another App (TestFlight). Looking forward to doing this for sure.
:dance

:thumb

Thanks everybody - we've identified a few bugs & hiccups and hope to have an update out ASAP. All Canadian info will be included in the first update! Dealer and chartered club info will be updated as well.

You can contact me with feedback as well, either PMs through the forum or via email, appfeedback at BMW MOA . org.

As a fan of SpaceX and Tesla and the way they design and develop I have no issues of the their 'fail fast and update' methodology that has sped up iterations and final quality of products. It also puts the customer inside the develop and test loop sooner which I very much appreciate.

We will end up with a fully functional Anonymous App sooner which helps engage our members since it will be there working and useful.

No "current location" using Android Samsung S7 after installing APP and enabling access to location info during install/setup.

Not all information listed

Just downloaded App from Apple and only camping is listed as available help and my profile list them all
See Staunton Illinois listing

Reason why some of us old people might be having problems

8D1E9CAD-5D12-46B0-BD83-016ECD4F644D.png

It’s geared to 4 year olds :)

I went to MOA.org checked my profile made no changes hit update now all is right on both iPhone and iPad

Last edited:
Location is now working for me.
When I open the app it finds my location automatically and shows the three members in Creston Iowa.
Is there a way to make it show members in a 50 mile radius?

Well, it worked for a minute, now it can't find me :)

I find the app pretty nice and convenient. That said, I will continue to carry the printed copy as well...

Works like a champ for me. Detected me and listed ten members in my local area. Must be all my clean living.

Isn't technology wonderful? I hate stuff that fails to work or fails to be reliable. :banghead

I think it will be ok, they're still tweaking it.
Keep in mind some of the problem may be the idiot working my phone :)

A few things I noticed when I tried it again.

When it finds me and I filter the result by Codes, the results are not in order by distance from me.
A nice option to add would be if the app would show the number of miles from you.
This way when you look through the list you can pick the closet members.

It looks like it limited the results to Iowa. I'm only 30 miles from Missouri and it did not show any Missouri members but would show a Iowa member 200 miles away.

When I ask for dealers it only shows Iowa dealers, not the closest dealers.

I am currently testing Beta versions of this App and as some have noted a few bugs have already been squashed.

Back