• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW MOA Anonymous book in app form

Just downloaded it, looks pretty convenient at first glance. I too will keep the paper copy and my Airheads book. Between those and ADV there's a helluva lot of support out there.

Hmmm. I just downloaded the app and checked my own listing. On the app it's far different than what I have in my account profile. For instance, it shows me as offering Storage Space, Working Tools, and a Truck/Trailer, even though those are all "no" on my main account profile.

It shows "Coffee/Conversation" accurately, but doesn't list me saying that camping or bedroll space is available.

I'm in Canada, which shouldn't make a difference, but maybe the fixes to get Canadian locations included added some bugs?

Further to my last post, I took a hint from an earlier post and Saved the Changes in my profile, even though I didn't change anything. Now the Anonymous app has the proper information.

Might still be a bug if it's necessary for everyone to save their profile again, but at least it's now accurate for me.

Further to my last post, I took a hint from an earlier post and Saved the Changes in my profile, even though I didn't change anything. Now the Anonymous app has the proper information.

Might still be a bug if it's necessary for everyone to save their profile again, but at least it's now accurate for me.

:lol: :lol: O darn! Two of us are planning on riding through your area on our way from London to Winnipeg to Calgary before the Great Falls Rally! :D :D

Seriously, I think that it is rather neat that the correction can be made that quickly. :thumb

Now if that fix could be applied to the printed copy as easily. :laugh

I tried that and it didn't fix the codes in the app.
I'll check later today to see if the app updates my info.

I spoke too soon. Opened up the app again, and it's reverted to the old (incorrect) elements. I will send the details to the developers directly so they can check it.

And Paul, feel free to stop by in Saskatoon on your way to the Rally :) Although we are heading down there ourselves so may just cross paths in Great Falls.

Hey all - yes, we're following this thread and collecting feedback from anybody who sends it - appfeedback@bmwmoa.org is the best address to use, and a real person - ME - reads every email send to that address.

I'm aware of a few issues and collecting the info so we can improve the app on the next update. There are a few clubs left out - likely due to when they paid their dues and not any larger conspiracy (you know how Facebook gets lol). The app does not pull real-time updates, it only knows what we tell it, so any mistakes in the app are in there because we fed it incorrect data for some reason.

For instance, none of the Ontario dealerships are showing up because at some point 'Ontario' got switched to 'Ontaria' in the data file. I'll take the blame for that one since I organized the dealer data. In my defense (sorry, defence for y'all Canadians), THOSE LETTERS ARE TINY IN MY SPREADSHEET :) This will of course be fixed in the next update.

I'll be working on figuring out why the membership database isn't saving changes for some members - that's an issue that doesn't have anything to do with the app, though the data does appear wrong in the app. We'll get that figured out ASAP.

I've also received some really thoughtful suggestions for future functionality in the app - much of which is unfortunately out of the budget right now, but I'm creating a wish list for the future, and when we're able to incorporate the ideas, we will do that!

The app does not pull real-time updates, it only knows what we tell it, so any mistakes in the app are in there because we fed it incorrect data for some reason.
I recently joined and was trying to join in time to get listed in the Anonymous. I'm happy to report, my info is in there and correct. I'm also the only member from my "city." So it was easy to pick out my info. :wave

On my Android phone it will locate the state I'm in and it will then give me an alphabetical list by city. Right now I'm in Alabama which is a relatively big state. I could be 500 miles from some of the listings. Not much better than looking in the printed publication in my opinion. It is suppose to show me the closest person?

I recently joined and was trying to join in time to get listed in the Anonymous. I'm happy to report, my info is in there and correct. I'm also the only member from my "city." So it was easy to pick out my info. :wave

Only one MOA member in Nenana? I would have thought Nenana would be awash in a sea of members.

I downloaded this and think a map with links would be valuable. Looked up a friend who lives 5 miles from a major USA capital city, but since he was listed under the name of his smaller town, a traveler would be unaware he exists. A map would alleviate that problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Which is why there is always a map in my tank bag and an atlas in the top box.

I carry the National Geographic road atlas. Need cheaters to read the maps, keep those in a pocket of the soft top case as well. I bought it as it has campgrounds listed as well.

Hey all - yes, we're following this thread and collecting feedback from anybody who sends it -!

The following steps is how I'm using the app. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I open the app and it shows Iowa.

Tap Iowa, then tap Use Current Location

Tap Ok

Tap BMW MOA Anonymous

This gets me a alphabetical list of towns in Iowa. It does not show a list based on distance from me.

Next I try filter by codes and select a few codes, then tap Search Anonymous.

This give me a list but it's not in order by distance from me or does it show members not far from me in Missouri.

In the future will the app show all results based on distance from my current location?

Not ready for prime time or any other time in Canada yet.

Different data protection laws may lead to some development issues. Canadian data protection laws are far more stringent than US laws.

The company I work for has to maintain data centers in Canada and the US in order to comply with data protection and hosting laws in either jurisdiction. Provision of personalized Canadian membership data through US data centers may be difficult or impossible to do, depending on what Canadian laws are.

In the future will the app show all results based on distance from my current location?

Bingo! This is the most-needed improvement as far as I’m concerned. The only additional thing I’d like to see is to trap for location being on or off, so if you do not have location enabled for the app you get the full alphabetical list, with location enabled you get a list sorted by distance from present location. “Sort by location” could otherwise cause issues for those who do not want to enable location in the app.

Some have reported issues with location not working, but the latest version seems to be working fine on my iPhone and iPad and is a great resource.

Best,
DeVern

The following steps is how I'm using the app. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I open the app and it shows Iowa.

Tap Iowa, then tap Use Current Location

Tap Ok

Tap BMW MOA Anonymous

This gets me a alphabetical list of towns in Iowa. It does not show a list based on distance from me.

Next I try filter by codes and select a few codes, then tap Search Anonymous.

This give me a list but it's not in order by distance from me or does it show members not far from me in Missouri.

When it does that, I'll load it onto my phone. In the meantime, I'll use the book. :thumb

Different data protection laws may lead to some development issues. Canadian data protection laws are far more stringent than US laws.

The company I work for has to maintain data centers in Canada and the US in order to comply with data protection and hosting laws in either jurisdiction. Provision of personalized Canadian membership data through US data centers may be difficult or impossible to do, depending on what Canadian laws are.

Would it not be the case that Canadian membership data is already present and being maintained in the US and all that the app does is permit access?

In any event at the moment Canadian member and club data now works in the app but the dealership data access is awaiting a spelling error fix.

Back