• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Question on attending rally in Montana this year

brownie0486

2 years ago I paid to attend the national rally, got my bar code confirmation at the time. Ended up not attending. I plan on being in attendance this year in Montana. I have the barcodes photo'd on my phone from the rally I paid for.

The question is, do I just let the people scan the barcode and I'm good to go, is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?

The question is, do I just let the people scan the barcode and I'm good to go, is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?

They can scan the barcode on your phone.
The last two years I had the bar code saved on my phone and also took a printed copy.
You only need one or the other.
Registration is very fast when they scan your phone or paper.

It’s probably just me, but reading this thread leaves me with the unsettling feeling that there’s some confusion here. The OP asked a 2-part question—1) can the QR code on a phone be scanned to complete registration or is the paper copy required for rally registration, and 2) can the unused paid registration code from a prior year be used for admittance to this year’s rally. Lee has perfectly answered the part on code scanning, and Kevin has given the only correct answer on using a prior year code to get into the 2020 rally—call the BMWMOA office.

I only post this because there’s a registration special on now—2 people for $99–and I’d hate to see the OP miss out on that, or have to register at the gate, because of any confusion over the old QR code from a previous rally. Then again, it’s probably just my own state of confusion-a state I find much easier to enter as I get older.
:)

Best,
DeVern

Is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?
The registration is not transferable to another event. Your barcode for 2018 won’t scan at this year’s rally. You will need to register for 2020.

Ted

It’s probably just me, but reading this thread leaves me with the unsettling feeling that there’s some confusion here. The OP asked a 2-part question—1) can the QR code on a phone be scanned to complete registration or is the paper copy required for rally registration, and 2) can the unused paid registration code from a prior year be used for admittance to this year’s rally. Lee has perfectly answered the part on code scanning, and Kevin has given the only correct answer on using a prior year code to get into the 2020 rally—call the BMWMOA office.

I only post this because there’s a registration special on now—2 people for $99–and I’d hate to see the OP miss out on that, or have to register at the gate, because of any confusion over the old QR code from a previous rally. Then again, it’s probably just my own state of confusion-a state I find much easier to enter as I get older.
:)

Best,
DeVern

I didn't realize we lived in the same state :thumb!

insurance

Brownie, If you go to the rally registration page, and scroll down, you can add cancelation insurance to your rally admission, for $10 extra. That way you can take advantage of early bird registration, and a little extra for insurance in case you can't make it. I did this a few years ago, and was unable to attend, and it worked well. Here is a cut and paste about this:

<"
Rally Refund Protection
Rally fees are non refundable unless cancelled 30 days or more prior to the event. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a voucher for a future MOA event if the cancellation is due to one of the covered reasons listed at bmwmoa.org/refunds.

Optional Event Fee Refund Protection will provide a cash refund for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event. Details and list of covered occurrences and the claim process is available at bmwmoa.org/refunds. Protection is $9.95 per person.
$9.95 ea.
Add ">

Brownie, If you go to the rally registration page, and scroll down, you can add cancelation insurance to your rally admission, for $10 extra. That way you can take advantage of early bird registration, and a little extra for insurance in case you can't make it. I did this a few years ago, and was unable to attend, and it worked well. Here is a cut and paste about this:

<"
Rally Refund Protection
Rally fees are non refundable unless cancelled 30 days or more prior to the event. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a voucher for a future MOA event if the cancellation is due to one of the covered reasons listed at bmwmoa.org/refunds.

Optional Event Fee Refund Protection will provide a cash refund for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event. Details and list of covered occurrences and the claim process is available at bmwmoa.org/refunds. Protection is $9.95 per person.
$9.95 ea.
Add ">

Good point, I forgot they added that option.

If he registers before Feb 15th the cost is $55.
Gate price is $85, so with the insurance he still saves $20.

Yes I purchased the two for $99 deal for myself and my wife and a friend used her registration with no problem

Back