Thread: Question on attending rally in Montana this year

Question on attending rally in Montana this year

2 years ago I paid to attend the national rally, got my bar code confirmation at the time. Ended up not attending. I plan on being in attendance this year in Montana. I have the barcodes photo'd on my phone from the rally I paid for.

The question is, do I just let the people scan the barcode and I'm good to go, is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?

Thanks
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

I doubt it is any good, but for a definitive answer I suggest calling the MOA offices.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post

The question is, do I just let the people scan the barcode and I'm good to go, is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?

Thanks
    They can scan the barcode on your phone.
    The last two years I had the bar code saved on my phone and also took a printed copy.
    You only need one or the other.
    Registration is very fast when they scan your phone or paper.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Thanks Lee, that's what I was hoping would be the case.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

It’s probably just me, but reading this thread leaves me with the unsettling feeling that there’s some confusion here. The OP asked a 2-part question—1) can the QR code on a phone be scanned to complete registration or is the paper copy required for rally registration, and 2) can the unused paid registration code from a prior year be used for admittance to this year’s rally. Lee has perfectly answered the part on code scanning, and Kevin has given the only correct answer on using a prior year code to get into the 2020 rally—call the BMWMOA office.

I only post this because there’s a registration special on now—2 people for $99–and I’d hate to see the OP miss out on that, or have to register at the gate, because of any confusion over the old QR code from a previous rally. Then again, it’s probably just my own state of confusion-a state I find much easier to enter as I get older.

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    Is it transferable to this years event?

What's the procedure?
    The registration is not transferable to another event. Your barcode for 2018 won’t scan at this year’s rally. You will need to register for 2020.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Thanks Ted, I'll pay when I get there this time, in the event I can't make it again for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    It’s probably just me, but reading this thread leaves me with the unsettling feeling that there’s some confusion here. The OP asked a 2-part question—1) can the QR code on a phone be scanned to complete registration or is the paper copy required for rally registration, and 2) can the unused paid registration code from a prior year be used for admittance to this year’s rally. Lee has perfectly answered the part on code scanning, and Kevin has given the only correct answer on using a prior year code to get into the 2020 rally—call the BMWMOA office.

I only post this because there’s a registration special on now—2 people for $99–and I’d hate to see the OP miss out on that, or have to register at the gate, because of any confusion over the old QR code from a previous rally. Then again, it’s probably just my own state of confusion-a state I find much easier to enter as I get older.

Best,
    DeVern
    I didn't realize we lived in the same state !
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

I think that the 2018 registration can still be used, but the OP would need a different vehicle than his BMW. Specifically needed is a modified DeLorean (with flux capacitor). One would need to go 88 mph while consuming 1.21 GW of power [could be a challenge!!]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine

TeamTimeCar.com-BTTF_DeLorean_Time_Machine-OtoGodfrey.com-JMortonPhoto.com-07.jpg

insurance

Brownie, If you go to the rally registration page, and scroll down, you can add cancelation insurance to your rally admission, for $10 extra. That way you can take advantage of early bird registration, and a little extra for insurance in case you can't make it. I did this a few years ago, and was unable to attend, and it worked well. Here is a cut and paste about this:

<"
    Rally Refund Protection
    Rally fees are non refundable unless cancelled 30 days or more prior to the event. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a voucher for a future MOA event if the cancellation is due to one of the covered reasons listed at bmwmoa.org/refunds.

Optional Event Fee Refund Protection will provide a cash refund for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event. Details and list of covered occurrences and the claim process is available at bmwmoa.org/refunds. Protection is $9.95 per person.
    $9.95 ea.
    Add ">
    Hank Pfister, Bent Mtn. VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2014 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5, 1984 R100/Dnepr.
    www.twinvalleyriders.org

Quote Originally Posted by HankPfister View Post
    Brownie, If you go to the rally registration page, and scroll down, you can add cancelation insurance to your rally admission, for $10 extra. That way you can take advantage of early bird registration, and a little extra for insurance in case you can't make it. I did this a few years ago, and was unable to attend, and it worked well. Here is a cut and paste about this:

<"
    Rally Refund Protection
    Rally fees are non refundable unless cancelled 30 days or more prior to the event. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a voucher for a future MOA event if the cancellation is due to one of the covered reasons listed at bmwmoa.org/refunds.

Optional Event Fee Refund Protection will provide a cash refund for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the event. Details and list of covered occurrences and the claim process is available at bmwmoa.org/refunds. Protection is $9.95 per person.
    $9.95 ea.
    Add ">
    Good point, I forgot they added that option.

If he registers before Feb 15th the cost is $55.
    Gate price is $85, so with the insurance he still saves $20.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

So. Are tickets transferable?

Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

Yes I purchased the two for $99 deal for myself and my wife and a friend used her registration with no problem