Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tool Tube Mounting Ideas

  1. #1

    Tool Tube Mounting Ideas

    Iím looking for mounting options/ideas for a Dryspec tool tube I purchased for my R1100GS. I havenít found an open space or a good place to bolt or clamp it on. Any ideas much appreciated!
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

  2. #2
    On my G310GS I have one tube mounted underneath, to the bottom of my topcase. I have another one mounted to the sidebag on the side opposite the muffler. On my R1150R I had one one each side of the Jesse top case.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    On my G310GS I have one tube mounted underneath, to the bottom of my topcase. I have another one mounted to the sidebag on the side opposite the muffler. On my R1150R I had one one each side of the Jesse top case.
    Thanks Paul, I have space around my plastic OEM side cases but Iím hesitant to drill through them. Are your cases metal or plastic?
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 174713 View Post
    Thanks Paul, I have space around my plastic OEM side cases but Iím hesitant to drill through them. Are your cases metal or plastic?
    They are Chad 23 liter bags on the 310s. These are plastic. I use a fender washer on the inside of the bag to spread any load.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    They are Chad 23 liter bags on the 310s. These are plastic. I use a fender washer on the inside of the bag to spread any load.
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that option. Thanks!
    Charlie
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

Similar Threads

  1. Ideas for a tire bead breaker tool?
    By beemermyke in forum Gear
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 10:01 PM
  2. Tool Tube Advice For R1200GS
    By BEEMERGS74 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 11:21 PM
  3. Pushrod tube mounting tool
    By kwb210 in forum Airheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 03:05 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 12:24 PM
  5. Hella FF50 mounting ideas
    By gstom in forum Airheads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 02:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •