• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

uni-go trailer hitch and wiring for 05 r1200rt

motor4

Hum, guy has a used 07 uni-go trailer for sale. Uncertain what cost would be to setup a hitch and wiring on my 05 r1200rt bike. The idea of having more storage for trips seems nice plus that one trailer wheel. Then again, a used gold wing might have a easier time pulling one maybe.

Hum, guy has a used 07 uni-go trailer for sale. Uncertain what cost would be to setup a hitch and wiring on my 05 r1200rt bike. The idea of having more storage for trips seems nice plus that one trailer wheel. Then again, a used gold wing might have a easier time pulling one maybe.

Your bike will have no difficulty pulling a Unigo.:thumb

Welcome to joining the trailer trash society. :lol

A one wheel trailer will allow you take a few more items on your trips and for the most part, you won't even notice it behind you.

I have a Unigo I pull with my 2018 RT. Like the other post, you won't notice it back there and it about doubles your stage capacity. A Gold Wing will not get you more storage that an RT with a trunk.

hitches are available, from Unigo and elsewhere. Hitch and wiring will run about $500.

Moto4, to be truthful, when I say you won't notice it behind you, that is pretty much true with regards to riding and braking. I do not have a Unigo but rather a Quebec made, Amoric, one wheel trailer, which is lower and two cubic feet larger than a Unigo. The only time that I do notice it is when crossing the great plains during a strong crosswind. Of course even without the trailer, a bike can be pushed around with those winds. In that situation, you may notice the trailer but it does not make handling the bike difficult.

All the best with your new riding experience! :thumb

R1250RT trailers and hitches

Folks at the dealership told me the 1250 and 1200 from the engine back are the same. With that in mind I would be interested in what models others have been using behind their bikes. I have been looking at the uni-go but have still not made up my mind on what I will buy. I just recently purchased a new 2019 1250 RT and will pick it up this Saturday. The bike will be a daily driver for me and a vacation vehicle of choice for me and my wife. I am also looking to use the trailer behind the car on occasion or if we do a road trip in the cage.

Thanks in advance for sharing your information about your trailers.:bikes

Except minor stuff, like the final drive on the complete opposite side... :brad :banghead

Um.....You better take another look.

The only real difference between the 2018 R1200RT and the 2019 R1250RT is the engine, and that difference is mostly just the heads.

Are you thinking the 2013 to 2014 change?

Um.....You better take another look.

The only real difference between the 2018 R1200RT and the 2019 R1250RT is the engine, and that difference is mostly just the heads.

Are you thinking the 2013 to 2014 change?

Sorry - I was thinking of the OP's 2005 R1200RT and the R1250RT :)

Folks at the dealership told me the 1250 and 1200 from the engine back are the same. With that in mind I would be interested in what models others have been using behind their bikes. I have been looking at the uni-go but have still not made up my mind on what I will buy. I just recently purchased a new 2019 1250 RT and will pick it up this Saturday. The bike will be a daily driver for me and a vacation vehicle of choice for me and my wife. I am also looking to use the trailer behind the car on occasion or if we do a road trip in the cage.

Thanks in advance for sharing your information about your trailers.:bikes

Ultimately I went with a single wheeled trailer from 3rd Wheel Trailers https://thirdwheeltrailers.com. They have two sizes that are larger than the Unigo which was perfect for us. I hated strapping bags to the bikes when we took off on trips. My SO has arthritic joints and while riding her GT doesn't bother her too much, mounting the bike with bags strapped on it was not ideal for her. If we hotel along the way we can leave the majority of the gear in the trailer and just take our clothing bags in for the night. TBH, I hardly notice the thing behind the RT. Fuel economy is marginally worse by 1-2 mpg, but WAY better than when I towed the pop-up Kwik Kamp.

Unigo Trailer Hitch Installation on a 2009 R1200RT

Can anyone provide a sheet with instructions on how to install a Unigo Trailer Hitch on a 2009 R1200RT? or maybe just give me some specific instructions on the
hitch points on the motorcycle so I get this right. I've heard complaints from people about not being able to attach their side cases with these hitches and I'd like
to avoid that if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back