• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beach Locations in New England?

passedetp

I've got an itch to ride on a beach this summer. I currently live in southern NY and was wondering if anyone knows of any public beaches that one can ride in the New England area.

The closest one that I've been able to google is in Virginia. Not saying I won't ride down there to do it, but I would like to know if anyone has legally done this in NY or Jersey.

Thanks for the help.

Take care,
Austin

Not going to be easy. The beaches are unbelievable highly regulated here in Massachusetts. I used to run some of the beaches with 4X4 vehicles. I don’t even know if they would let a motorcycle on the beach- never seen one.
You could check (google)-
Sandy Neck
Race Point
Nauset beach
Cape Cod National Seashore off road vehicles (a lot of links).
And the there are the Piping Plovers.......AKA coyote munchies.
From Massachusetts......where fun goes to die :banghead
OM

You can come take a ride on my beach and stay in my new Moto B&B while you're at it.
IMG_3443-L.jpg

it's long enough but I warn you it's a little tricky riding:ha
IMG_0601-L.jpg

Pilgrim Heights on Cape Cod

I think the problem of riding on a beach in New England is that beaches which face the ocean (unlike this which face a bay) have a lot of tidal action. There is a section of beach just south of Provincetown on Cape Cod which faces Cape Cod Bay, and at low tide presents a wide swath of fairly solid sand. Of course, half the time that sand is covered by salt water, so that riding on the beach when the tide is out would result in salty sand being thrown up on your motorcycle. I'm sure that it's illegal to ride there anyway, but that wasn't the question...

The beaches we have been on in NH, Maine and Cape Cod were too soft for a street bike.
We have rode on hard packed beaches in Florida and the Texas Golf Coast that were not a problem with our BMWs.

The beaches we have been on in NH, Maine and Cape Cod were too soft for a street bike.
We have rode on hard packed beaches in Florida and the Texas Golf Coast that were not a problem with our BMWs.

AHHHHHH.........more reasons for me to get back to Texas ASAP.

Thanks for the reply.

- Austin

Sounds like you're flying? Best riding typically August but July and September are good too. June tends to be cool and October might be cool but both still good riding. Come on up!

Not going to be easy. The beaches are unbelievable highly regulated here in Massachusetts. I used to run some of the beaches with 4X4 vehicles. I don’t even know if they would let a motorcycle on the beach- never seen one.
You could check (google)-
Sandy Neck
Race Point
Nauset beach
Cape Cod National Seashore off road vehicles (a lot of links).
And the there are the Piping Plovers.......AKA coyote munchies.
From Massachusetts......where fun goes to die :banghead
OM
All of these have a shoot to kill policy on bikes and quads, ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Back