Thread: Rambo

Angry Rambo

Hello everyone! I'm new to the community and although I have been up on 2 wheels for 35 yrs now, I have recently purchased a 2002 R1150R with 45k on it. The bike is extremely comfortable and handles like a dream. I got caught in a traffic jam yesterday morning and while idling for about 5 minutes it overheated and the motor started rattling terribly to the point I thought it was going to blow. Is this normal? Do these oilhead have an issue overheating? And if so, what do I do about it? I'm afraid if I continue, especially with the noise it was making, I'm going to be looking for a replacement motor.....please help!

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Welcome aboard!

You would likely get plenty of responses if you posted this issue in the Oilheads area
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

Ok, thanks....I'm trying to get familiar with navigating around this thing..

My welcome as well! Check with the other owners in the Oilhead forum area for some ideas.

I did this search on google: site:forums.bmwmoa.org oilhead engine noise

Try that in the google search box and you should find other threads about engine noise.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!