• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Locking Kickstand Option? 2019 1250 GSA

passedetp

Well, the gusty wind in NY has knocked my GSA over on the kickstand side of the bike. No- I do not leave it in gear when parked on level terrain, but I guess i need to start. There was enough force to retract the stand while it held the bike up.

This event has reminded me to look into a locking kickstand option for the GSA. It has rolled forward on me before with the kickstand down and I caught it prior to the tipping point of no return. That's the first time I learned the kickstand doesn't lock down.

Does anyone know of a locking kickstand that prevents the bike from rolling forward?

Any info is appreciated.

Take care,
Austin

The best option is to always park in gear.
I also let the bike roll forward a inch or so to take the slop out of the drivetrain.

Nope, BMW's aren't Harleys. I had more problems with their spring loaded kickstand locks when parked on a left sided uphill incline than not. There were times I couldn't get the bike leaned over to the right far enough to release the lock. And heaven forbid you may have taken off to the left from the curb forgetting to put the kickstand up. Good show right there in the middle of the street. Better to learn to park your BMW in gear than park it on it's side in the middle of the street while onboard!

For what it is worth my K75RTP police bike has a locking sidestand. Officers often leave a parked bike running, thus they can't be parked in gear. If you really are interested you should ask your dealer to find out what is used on the 1250 police bikes. There may be parts listed in the "Authority" catalog.

Back