• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My 2011 RT

dcole

My 2011 RT with upgrades

Bought this 2011 R1200RT in May of 2018 and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know it. It’s light weight and nimble (for a Sport Touring bike) and a joy to ride in the twisty canyons here in Colorado. I had the exhaust pipes and muffler ceramic coated by Jet Hot. No more blue and brown pipes, always shiny silver and runs cooler. I was able to upgrade my radio to SiriusXM, even though BMW says it is not possible. Swapped out my radio communications module with one from a 2012 RT that has sat radio built in and added the latest antenna from SiriusXM. Works perfectly. Also upgraded all lighting to LED. Cyclops H7 headlights are an amazing improvement over Halogen. Oil cooler guard is by Touratech and adds a nice finished look.

Attachments

• 4907752D-7945-4523-9D07-95D30404748D.jpeg
    4907752D-7945-4523-9D07-95D30404748D.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 256
  • EE2966AC-580B-4D36-A749-808F935FF5A7.jpeg
    EE2966AC-580B-4D36-A749-808F935FF5A7.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
That's a real sweet looking ride you got there.
Don't get too many speeding tickets, Ask me how I know sometime!

What specific color and/or finish did you get from JetHot, and is it holding up well, or subject to scratches pretty easily?

What specific color and/or finish did you get from JetHot, and is it holding up well, or subject to scratches pretty easily?

Jet Hot color is called Classic Polish. Holds up very well. Manufacturer says you can hit it with a hammer, but I'm not about to try that. Very reasonable price. Cost me about $250 for entire job.

I was only asking as I had mine done on my '09RT a couple of years back by CCP Coatings in Detroit. It was done in bright satin silver finish. It looked great for a little while but it scratches so easily. And no high heat paint will cover the scratches without baking right off. Maybe time for a redo at JetHot......

I was only asking as I had mine done on my '09RT a couple of years back by CCP Coatings in Detroit. It was done in bright satin silver finish. It looked great for a little while but it scratches so easily. And no high heat paint will cover the scratches without baking right off. Maybe time for a redo at JetHot......

Not sure how the two companies processes compare but JetHot says you can use chrome or metal polish to work out any minor scratches. Larger ones can be worked with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper followed by metal polish.

Back