• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post A Picture of Your Thumper

My 2004

This is my 2004 F650gs Dakar it's seen me through Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territory's, Yukon, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, and Idaho. It's had alot of modifications since I got it Chistmas 2004. I've been debating that in the near future it may go through another change with the addition of a third wheel. Anyways here is a picture of it in 2005 then in 2007:

Attachments

• 05 vs 07.JPG
    05 vs 07.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 922
Matagorda, TX

Somehow I'm surprised you can't see the mosquitos! They were abundant and BIG!

Floyd

DSC01287.jpg

getting those first 600 miles out of the way

Hey,

*I know it's been some time since you posted this pic, but I am new to the forum.
Where did you get the seat bag you have pictured on the bike. How do you like it? I'm looking for something similar.

Mark

Tom's 2006 F650GS

New to me and getting it ready for trip from Washington State to Tierra del Fuego - in November, want come?

Attachments

• Tom's F650GS.jpg
    Tom's F650GS.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 848
New to me and getting it ready for trip from Washington State to Tierra del Fuego - in November, want come?

November is a long time to wait. Can you go sooner? Where'd you get that screen in front of your engine? And the extra lights and bracket? Nice set-up!

Hey,

*I know it's been some time since you posted this pic, but I am new to the forum.
Where did you get the seat bag you have pictured on the bike. How do you like it? I'm looking for something similar.

Mark

Just happened to be looking at all the new 650 pics.... nice bikes guys!

That bag is a Wunderlich tail bag for a R1150R ...it fits the 650 also quite well...it has an expandable capability going from about 4"tall to 8"ish. Also has a small map pocket on top .It has two wide canvas straps that velcro together under seat.

http://www.bmwsantacruz.com/Merchan...R1150R&Category_Code=R1150R-L&Product_Count=6

Go sooner....? Maybe, but...

November is a long time to wait. Can you go sooner? Where'd you get that screen in front of your engine? And the extra lights and bracket? Nice set-up!

I want to go over the Andes in the summer. I'm told that December would be a good time for that. I'm going to ride my R1100RT in Europe this summer (northern hemisphere) and then come home again for a little while before heading to South America. Might make a start a little before November, but not too much sooner. At least that's my thinking at the moment.

As for the farkles on the bike: the picture is how it came (along with nice boxes on the back sides. I'll be adding some bars around the engine and faring area and a GPS and maybe some other stuff, but I don't know where the previous owner got the stuff that's on it now. So far I've only had it a few days and only ridden it a few miles.

I like it. Lot's easier to ride than the RT at only half the weight. Now if only I could get myself down to half the weight, we'd be a winning combination!:wave

07 F650 Gs

Just got it a week ago. It was 20 deg. on my first ride, but well worth it.:thumb

bennyrov

My '99 F650....great memories.

My F650 carried me on many a fine ride, including from the BMW MOA Redmond rally (2001) back to Alaska via the Cassiar & Alcan. A couple Dust to Dawson rides as well. Sold last year to a good friend who absolutely loves it. I replaced it last September with a V-Strom 650.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Attachments

• IMG_3556 D2D2005 Gary & F650 at Chicken-AK-Rain-small.jpg
    IMG_3556 D2D2005 Gary & F650 at Chicken-AK-Rain-small.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 958
First time for everything

I've never tried attaching a photo so I hope this works. This was taken on my trip around Alaska last year.

Attachments

• BMW Attach.jpg
    BMW Attach.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 946
RTW stuff

Pacwestgs,

I have found, after many years of travelling by every conveyance imaginable, that if I pull out of my driveway needing a tent and a sleeping bag, I'm going to require as much stuff for a three nighter as I would for a 30+ day outing. Being retired, I seldom know much about a trip other than the departure date. I have fine tuned my luggage for the little GS by adding 41L aluminum panniers and a bomb proof Seal Land bag . . . this has lowered my profile greatly and you can actually see me on the bike from behind now!

Floyd:bikes

Harboring hate or resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other guy dies.

NO! NO! NO! You misunderstood . . . that's just my sort of tagline aimed at people who don't comprehend that negativity, as a frame of mind, only comes back to victimize the originator . . . I took it as a compliment . . . please don't be offended . . . oh, Hell, go ahead, be offended . . . I hate it, and resent it, but go ahead . . .:laugh

Floyd

oh, Hell, go ahead, be offended. . .:laugh

Floyd

Floyd, I'm deeply offended that you would think I would be offended by that offensive self-conscious, self-absorbed, self-minded, hypocritical wishful hatred targeting my rice-paper thin skin... :stick

But you're right it was a misunderstanding because I looked to see if it was a tagline or signature and only found used here.

And, although I departed here because of the negativity about a year ago, my skin is much thicker than many would believe. :whistle

Heck, I was going to ask if you had the kitchen sink hiding in that pile somewhere :nyah

Hey it's all good, and that is a nice photo :D :thumb

. . . and the kitchen sink . . .

PacWestGS,

And there you have it!

Floyd
IMG1246_035-1.jpg

I type out the tag line from time to time 'cause I think it speaks the truth:D

Floyd

Back