• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Boots

Ragman2

Just heard that the BMW Allround and Pro Tour boots have been discontinued.

However, my order for the Allround boot is still open and apparently BMW is shipping them as they become available. Do any of you know a great replacement for the Allround? Looking for warmth, water proofness and comfortable for walking.

I tried on the BMW GS boots last year and was going to buy a pair but they're discontinued. Make I'll just stick with my MX Alpinestars tech 7's for the tour I'm planning to do.

I really like my BMW Gravel Boots.
I find them to be pretty street friendly and not as "off-road" as their name might have you think.

I hope those aren't discontinued too. I may pick up a 2nd pair.

My last pair were the Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex until we moved and our family helping us put them in one of the sheds on our property. Unfortunately a red squirrel decided to use one of the boots as nesting material :banghead

I liked them a lot but couldn’t find them locally and went a different route and bought a pair of Bates boots. Waterproof, feel like a comfortable pair of shoes walking around and waterproof. I am now a convert to these https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/beltline/20368M.html?dwvar_20368M_color=E08805#cgid=powersports&start=1

I have been wearing either Bates GX-8 or Danner Striker lace up uniform boots for riding for years. I will not wear a slip on boot on the motorcycle. I have seen them go flying off in a accident.

Gore tex in footwear is stupid! As soon as the pores in the fabric membrane are clogged with dirt, sweat residue etc they are just plastic bags. But they've certainly fooled the masses with their marketing.

Gore tex in footwear is stupid! As soon as the pores in the fabric membrane are clogged with dirt, sweat residue etc they are just plastic bags. But they've certainly fooled the masses with their marketing.

I can't say that is not true, but I can say that wearing the same pair of boots for maybe 150,000 miles over 7 or 8 years I never reached the point where the Goretex became clogged.

I can't say I noticed any issue with Goretex either, but then I replace my boots every two or three years. All I know is my feet stay dry when it is raining hard.

I've experienced clogging of gore-tex clothing and had to treat to unclog. I was actually wondering about that for boots and what could be done if it happens. My first gore-tex boots only one year old and I haven't experienced any problems yet.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

BMW Pro 2 Riding Boots

Just received confirmation from Revzilla that the BMW Pro 2 boots are back in stock in limited quantities. These are street oriented boots. If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......

Just received confirmation from Revzilla that the BMW Pro 2 boots are back in stock in limited quantities. These are street oriented boots. If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......

If you call or email revzilla, they'll provide that info for you. They were very helpful when i we hinting for boit's - i ended up with the short Daytonas.

I have been wearing either Bates GX-8 or Danner Striker lace up uniform boots for riding for years. I will not wear a slip on boot on the motorcycle. I have seen them go flying off in a accident.

Around town I wear Sidici boots, on a trip my go to boots are my Timberland Nubuk's. I KNOW they are waterproof having worn nothing but these boots year round in New England. Comfortable so walking any distance isn't a problem. Don't have the same ankle support as some other "riding" boots, but they are still the go to boot for when I'm going to be away for any length of time. They've never failed to stay dry and warm. They might be too hot for some in the summer, but I'm fortunate my feet don't sweat all that much if at all in them [ probably from wearing them every day for decades ].

On the trip to the arctic 18 months ago, the two other riders who wore expensive "riding" boots had water failures after 3 days of solid rain. When we got to Fairbanks, they bought Red Wing's and enjoyed the remainder of the trip with dry feet.

. If someone has a pair, could you measure the boot height for me from the base of the heel to the top of the boot. Should be either 11 or 12 inches. I have a special need and the boot height is critical for me. Many Thanks.......

I have the Pro Touring 1.
From the floor to top of the boot at the back is 12.5"
The heal is 1"thick.
The front of the boot is 1/2" to 3/4" taller than the back.

My wife has the women's Pro Touring 2 and they're approx 1/2" shorter than my boots due to the smaller size.

My boots are size 46 and hers are size 41.

For your consideration-
Gore-Tex works primarily in cool dry conditions......cross country skiing is a perfect example. When used in clothing construction, for actual body perspiration to transfer, the humidity outside has to be less than the humidity inside the clothing.
This doesn’t mean GT won’t keep your feet (example) dry when using your favorite boots.....but in the rain, a plastic bag over your stocking feet is sorta similar.
OM

Many Thanks for the measurements!

I have the Pro Touring 1.
From the floor to top of the boot at the back is 12.5"
The heal is 1"thick.
The front of the boot is 1/2" to 3/4" taller than the back.

My wife has the women's Pro Touring 2 and they're approx 1/2" shorter than my boots due to the smaller size.

My boots are size 46 and hers are size 41.

Perfect information. Revzilla could not come up with a measurement at their call/ ordering center. Ordering a pair today............

Back