• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Neil Peart Passed Away

Sad day for music...what a talent. He definitely brought the drums to front and center in rock 'n roll music.

Read a couple of his moto-travel books and loved them. That is how I learned he was a musician, I had never heard of him or Rush. Imagine that.

Crushing news. I think I will read again his wonderful book 'Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road' while tilting a wee dram of 'The Macallan' in his honour.

Crushing news. I think I will read again his wonderful book 'Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road' while tilting a wee dram of 'The Macallan' in his honour.

I strongly second that idea, and will do the same. That is a great book, and from reading you can tell he was a great person.

I strongly second that idea, and will do the same. That is a great book, and from reading you can tell he was a great person.

Getting the bike out for a ride, listening to some Rush and toasting with the MaClellan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ouch, what a loss.
He seemed like a great guy, I shall spin some vinyl in his honor..

Attachments

• neil peart20200111_083029.jpg
    neil peart20200111_083029.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 146
I just posted a letter to the Editor of BMWON asking that a future edition be a memorial issue for NP. In most of his books and videos, He has been an ambassador to the brand.

Local Radio Station (Niagara Region Ontario)

Our local rock station Giant FM 91.7 is doing a 2 hr event with Jeff Woods and his interviews with Neil Peart.

You can listen live through there website Tuesday January 14, 2020 and Friday January 24, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. (note that this is Eastern Standard Time).

https://www.giantfm.com/events/248094/

Neil was raised in St. Catharines just the same as Darryl and I were.

Terry Cainey

Back