• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Corbin seat mount on a R90S?

10drum

Greetings,

Working on a friends 75 R90S, with a Corbin seat. Seems like the mount/hinge on the rear of the seat should be longer than the front. I called Corbin, they were not any help, it was just after 1PM when I call, so perhaps the person who tried to help, had more than a sandwich for lunch. The stock seat mounts/hinges list two different parts, but they will not work on this seat. Just curious. thanks for all replies, Phil

Corbin

Corbin has in my experience, the worst customer service. I will never buy a seat from them again.

The hinges are the same length. What are you having problems with? They do have to be oriented in the right direction. St.

Corbin has in my experience, the worst customer service. I will never buy a seat from them again.

The hinges are the same length. What are you having problems with? They do have to be oriented in the right direction. St.

Oriented in the right direction? They can only be installed in one direction.

The gap between the seat and the tank is too wide, and it doesn't seem to sit level (the front is high)

Thanks for verifying that they are suppose to be the same length.

Yes, Corbin seats may be overrated. The build quality is very good, but I don't think they are very comfortable, however I did have one I liked on a Kawasaki W650, and saw a really nice one on a R60/2.

The seat/tank gap may indicate that the tank is from a regular /6.

I never thought of that. I don't know the history of this bike, but the guy that owns it, has it in nice shape. The wiring was a mess, so I rewired it. I can lift the back of the seat slightly, and make it look right. The rear bumpers on the bottom of the seat need replacing, but the back bracket keeps it from sitting straight with the frame. I'm done playing with it, I have it looking as good as I can, without modifying the brackets. Thanks for the replies.

Not sure how a Corbin would look in this situation. On a /6, the tank is considered to be "short" whereas the seat is "long" in order to come forward enough to meet the rear of the tank. On a /7, the tank is considered to be "long" while the seat has to be "short" in order to allow for the longer tank.

So, a short /7 seat with a short /6 tank will result in physical gap between the tank and seat. By contrast, a /7 tank won't even work with a /6 seat...both are consider to be "long".

Isn't a Corbin of a different design than the stock bench seats? Seems like the Corbin would necessarily betray the gap issue because it's shaped differently. If someone has some pictures of a Corbin on an Airhead of this era, that would be helpful.

Back