Thread: Corbin on k1600GT

Corbin on k1600GT

Does anyone have the Corbin Dualtour on a K1600GT? If so, when trying to get your feet on the ground, is it higher, lower or the same as the standard BMW seat? When riding, are you further back than stock?

corbin comfort

just installed a corbin on my '17 1600GT....rode about 125 miles so far (only glimpses of spring in IA in March).

early observations:
    *appearance is great, I "spec'ed" a black with silver stitching.
    *height is very close to OE, maybe if anything just a 1/2" lower (I'm 6'2" and a healthy 200lbs)
    *position is also very close to OE, maybe a little forward but I think I notice this more because of the backstop more prominent
    *I did not purchase the rider back rest, I do have an OE trunk and arm rests installed for the passenger
    *firmness/comfort is great so far. (OE BMW seats suck so much I don't understand what the designers are thinking on these touring bikes)
    *great customer service as I spoke with "help line" at corbin and went with their suggestions on "no piping" and color choice
    *I have had Russel/Day Long in the past, while great comfort just too ugly so I went with the corbin

hope that helps with your decision