• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum
Welcome! OK, you made me look your location up!! I don't remember the town, but back in the 1980s, I was on a job at the air force base outside of Fairbanks. On our off weekend, we drove down to see Mt. Denali. I don't remember Nenana, but obviously we had to drive right through it. I can still remember that day...we turned a corner just outside of Fairbanks and there was the mountain...it was an unusually clear and cloudless day. Nice riding up there...when the temps are more suitable!!

Well, Welcome to the MOA Forum Mr. Defense-Engineer!

I spent 20 yrs in the AF - much further to the south (if U call Omaha south). Mrs-A, however, sailed up to the Aleutians and beyond. Good Luck getting thru the winter to your next Riding season (the days are getting longer now tho)! I saw the forecast was recently around -50F in Fairbanks... Looks like you're making the most of your assignment though (as we all try to do). No plans whatsoever to go up to Prudhoe Bay, but we intend to visit the Arctic Circle this summer {on our way to the MOA Rally in Montana}... Might even get to see Coldfoot too - TBD. Mrs-A has been to AK four times already, including a flight up to Barrow, but neither of us have done any biking in the 49th state - - Yet.

Good luck with your ADV-Beemer & your career!
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen. :wave

Welcome! Former Fairbanks resident here. Used to make the occasional ride down to the Monderosa for a burger. Had a friend who rode a bike across the Nenana River on the railroad trestle. What brought you to Nenana? Clear AFB?

Last edited:
Welcome from the coast of Kansas. Many of us envy your riding area, but not many envy your weather! Glad to have you join us.

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year! Alaska is on my bucket list in the next couple of years. I would love to get all the way up to Deadhorse, but I think I need a different bike.
Thanks for the pictures, the stuff of dreams.

Welcome! Former Fairbanks resident here. Used to make the occasional ride down to the Monderosa for a burger. Had a friend who rode a bike across the Nenana River on the railroad trestle. What brought you to Nenana? Clear AFB?
Yes, I'm the construction manager for the Missile Defense Agency building the new Long Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR). I'm one of those weird people that actually loves their jobs....

I just saw a few episodes and saw Nenana as one of the places... All these shows really bore me to tears as it is all a scripted and inexpensive form of entertainment IMHO...

And that would also be why I said maybe. I don't watch those shows for similar reasons.... and all the people in Alaska complain the Alaska based shows find the most vile Alaskans to represent us. But again, I've never bothered to watch any of them. So, I'm only repeating what I've heard.

Cheers!
Matthew

Back