• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dakar 2020

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
It's started-

1296b

While I miss the old long- multi country routes of the past.....All things considered, seems we are lucky to have this new(r) format.

https://www.dakar.com/en

TV coverage-

https://www.dakar.com/en/broadcast/tv-broadcast looks like NBCSN 'round here.

Enjoy!

OM

Sand? In Saudi Arabia? Tons of it. I've been giving $$ to Dakar privateers for over 10 years but I have issues with Saudi and their horrific human rights history. I've thrown my money this year to Lyndon Poskitt's Africa Eco Race team and plan to spend my time watching that. Not to mention the internet offshore is crap so not sure what I'll be able to watch.

Sand? In Saudi Arabia? Tons of it. I've been giving $$ to Dakar privateers for over 10 years but I have issues with Saudi and their horrific human rights history. I've thrown my money this year to Lyndon Poskitt's Africa Eco Race team and plan to spend my time watching that. Not to mention the internet offshore is crap so not sure what I'll be able to watch.

I found Lyndon's Dakar reports highly informative and entertaining. He is one heck of a rider and a nice guy all around.
Pity that geopolitical crap prevents the real Dakar to take place in the original countries...

^ Yeah it has become information overload at times for me as well...
There were several ADV members riding in the Dakar over the years too and their insights were quite helpful as well.

Yup, a few of them are friends of mine as well as Teruhito Sugawara who is the son of Yoshimasa who is the king of Dakar with the world record for the most starts and finishes. They have been the Hino factory team drivers in trucks for many years. I've been to the Hino factory in Tokyo with them.

Last edited:
Those quads look unstable at those speeds. Just seems like they're a heartbeat away from a tank slapper.

Spoiler Alert! Results revealed below.​

Californian Ricky Brabec won the motorcycle class at 2020 Dakar today. He rode a Honda. There were two other Americans in the top ten.

Fellow Americans Casey Currie and Sean Berriman won the side by side class and another American team was 8th. The drove a Can Am.

These are the first Americans to ever win the overall in any class. Bravo!

Yup quite the shakeup this year, first time a non European won in bikes and first time KTM has not taken top spot in 17 or 18 years.

Back