Thread: LS2 Helmets

LS2 Helmets

I am currently looking for a moderately priced dual sport helmet to use for dirt/gravel riding (NO single track). I want the integrated sun visor feature and do not want an aggressive mx look with goggles only. I have looked until I am cross eyed at what is available and I really like what I saw in the LS2 dual sport helmets. Does anyone have any experience with these? I do not want to spend big $$ on anything like Touratec , Arai, etc., as for the kind of riding I will be doing it is just not necessary. Thanks in advance...always good info here .
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Recently tried the LS2 on at cycle gear. Nice helmet, but I decided to stay with another Shark evo 3 modular. The LS2 is a good choice for a lower priced helmet IMO.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

This video is pretty good at describing the trade-offs between cheap and expensive helmets.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

I bought a shark a couple years ago, biggest POS for a helmet I ever owned. I tossed it before it wore out. Every time I took I off the liner wanted to come off with my head. The clips did not hold the liner. I should have complained to the company but didn't. I have been running HJC helmets for years and never an issue. I will admit, it was comfortable and had great ventilation.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    I bought a shark a couple years ago, biggest POS for a helmet I ever owned. I tossed it before it wore out. Every time I took I off the liner wanted to come off with my head. The clips did not hold the liner. I should have complained to the company but didn't. I have been running HJC helmets for years and never an issue. I will admit, it was comfortable and had great ventilation.
    First review I've seen on the shark helmets that had that issue. I've owned 3 with no, NO, such problems. QC slips from time to time in any product.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

I bought an LS2 modular helmet for Susan. It's a nice helmet, reasonably quiet, fairly nice interior, pockets inside for her intercom's (Sena SM10R) remote battery. Covering the vents for winter riding are a little funky, as they're separate pieces.

Make sure your headshape is compatible with the helmet. LS2 is in the "long oval" family of helmets.
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

I have no knowledge of the LS2.
    Several friends have the Scorpion EXO-AT950 and are happy with it.
    I too am looking for a helmet and was considering the Scorpion. After watching the review vid on Revzilla, the venting could pose a summertime problem for me.
    Since this is a thread questioning the LS2 helmet, how's the venting?
    Bill
    Last edited by tanker4me; 01-04-2020 at 01:37 AM.
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers