Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Riding jeans

Riding jeans

Any one use riding jeans, for under $300, with armor and CE knee pads? Last months BMWON had a review but no knee armor in the ones tested.[page28 & 29]

My riding buddy has a pair of the Klim riding jeans (with knee armor) and swears by them. I rarely see him ride in anything but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fastman
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS, '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary, '16 R1200GSA - SOLD
    '19 R1250GSA
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous

I have a pair of Klim Fifty 2 jeans, which are a straight fit, I really like them, knee, hip, and tail bone armor with kevlar panels. They are still pretty warm in the heat of the summer.

I had a pair of Klim K fifty1 jeans, they were pretty baggy through the seat/hips/thighs. I sold them off about year ago after getting the new K fifty 2s.

Years ago I had a pair of Dragg'n Jeans, I didn't really care for them. Kevlar but no armor, and the fit was weird for me.

Rev'it Philly 2

Rev'it Philly 2 jeans. Light, comfortable, look like normal jeans. Constructed of 12.5 oz Coolmax Cordura denim. Seesmart CE-rated knee armor included.
    www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-philly-2-jeans

Klim jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Fastman View Post
    My riding buddy has a pair of the Klim riding jeans (with knee armor) and swears by them. I rarely see him ride in anything but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I ditto the Klim jeans with armor. They’re the only pants I ride with, I have several pairs, and if colder I simply put on a pair of Under Armour leggings beneath. Of course I have rain pants tucked away just in case. However, I find these Klim jeans with armor to be comfortable on long tours on my R1200RT. And of course.... YMMV!

Bill It Jeans

My favorite are Bull It Jeans. They have the pockets for armor, but don't come with it. I have worn Bohn armored tights under my jeans for a while because it holds the armor in the right place.

The Bull It Jeans fit snug but not tight. So I think they'd hold the armor just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by astros50 View Post
    My favorite are Bull It Jeans. They have the pockets for armor, but don't come with it. I have worn Bohn armored tights under my jeans for a while because it holds the armor in the right place.

The Bull It Jeans fit snug but not tight. So I think they'd hold the armor just as well.
    Which series of Bull It Jeans?

I bought a set of the Bohn Armour bottoms late last summer. I wear the heavy Duluth Trading fire hose jeans over them. They are comfortable and the fire hose pants are just as heavy as any riding jeans I have looked at. It will be interesting to see how they are in really hot weather vs. my Motoport mesh riding pants.
    Never get to busy making a living that you forget to make a life.

2018 R1200 RT- 26.5K miles and counting

I have three riding pants -Klim ("jeans") Saint (gray Kevlar or something) and BMW summer 3("Chino) all with armour Seems that I always gravitate to the Klim K fifty2. So comfortable I usually forget to take them off after a ride. They also seem to have a small extra armour piece in the tailbone that no others have. I really like them. When I got them I saw they were made in China- something I avoid if possible- it was NOT possible- they are too good for me to stick with a "foolish consistency" ("the hobgoblin of small minds" RW Emerson)

+1 on the Klim fifty 2. That's all I ride with. Comfortable on 700 mile days.
    Steve
    MOA #208308
    2016 R1200RT San Marino Blue Metalic,
    2017 Yamaha FZ-07

Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    Which series of Bull It Jeans?

I bought the SP 120 Lite, Heritage, Easy Fit jeans.

Here is my review of them. I've since put more miles.and time on them and still like them a lot. If I don't go with a dedicated pair of riding pants, I'll try to buy the exact same thing.

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...t-Jeans-Review

Krmugin
    I have (and really like) the Klim K51 jeans. I also have the dragin cargo pants, and diamond gusset jeans. I wear the diamond gusset the most, though they probably have the least amount of kevlar. The dragin cargo pants are very nice, and I think that the Klim jeans are the best, though they have a liner. Sometimes that is good, other times it isn't so good.
    I have not had good luck with knee pads in riding pants, unless I can easily take the pants off before I go for a walk. The knee pads just aren't comfortable for me to walk in. Like, not at all comfortable. That's among several pairs of riding jeans, Klim Latitude pants, and Aerostich AD1 pants. Of course, YMMV... Many people are very happy with knee armor in their riding jeans, and you may be another.

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    I bought a set of the Bohn Armour bottoms late last summer. I wear the heavy Duluth Trading fire hose jeans over them. They are comfortable and the fire hose pants are just as heavy as any riding jeans I have looked at. It will be interesting to see how they are in really hot weather vs. my Motoport mesh riding pants.

The Bohn Armor and riding jean set-up has been a good choice for me.

I did a 4000 mile week in the Bohn Armor and Bull It riding jeans set up. I wore a Klim induction Jacket, Frogg Toggs rain gear, AGV gloves/ BMW Gloves, Forma Boots, and a Nolan Helmet. All performed as expected. The only niggles I could mention is jacked up leg zipper on the Frogg Toggs rain Pants. And the tailbone protector in the Bohn Armor pants always seems to rotate the wrong direction.

I hit 98° in Tucson down to 30° and snow on the Utah\ Colorado border.

I'd set out on another 4000 mile trip with the exact same gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    I'll be riding in the Bohn pants and staying with my normal heavy Carhart's.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Resurgence Jeans

About 75,000 km on my pair. Still solid but somewhat faded. Not too bad in hot weather.